Quick save

I don't want to come off as pestering but I don't see the difference between save and quick save.

I'm thinking users should get a preference for quick saving to automatically copy samples, same applies to banks, saving patterns copying samples.

Also could we maybe get a little disk icon under above the link icon on the left bar? The icons serve a critical function, as visual reminders. Also it's one tap to save rather than 3-4 (menu save quick save, close browser) see my point?

Comments

• Quick save = "Save" in every program that ever existed in the history of the world.
    Save = "Save as" in every program that ever existed in the history of the world.

Not sure how you can't see a difference, if the project is already saved, quick save will just save over the current saved project, save will open the full save dialogue allowing you to rename and extra tickboxes for copy samples and save banks.

@mathieugarcia now can you see why i said stick with "Save" "Save as" it is an accepted standard.

• I know I'm on a feature request streak today but since the issue is saving let's add a lock save to it as well, meaning preventing any changes from getting auto saved and if the user wants to save they are prompted to either save as or unlock and then save. For things like templates and performance sets.
  • edited November 2017

My main peeves with BM3 saving right now, is the lack of following standards and the strict folder structuring that is actually completely BS, plus the total inconsistency, examples..
    All sessions get saved to the session folder, why ?
    After the fact i can move those sessions anywhere (I do) and they still work, and i much prefer my own folder structures.
    All banks get saved to the banks presets folder, why ?
    After the fact i can move those sessions anywhere (I do) and they ......(Bam heres the kisser) they sort of work.

If i move a session to my own folder structure and hit quick save, it saves over itself (Expected)
    If i move a bank to my own folder structure and hit quick save, it saves a new bank in bank presets (What the actual ****)
    If i move a bank to my own folder structure (Normally 5pin/kits) then normal save with options and save in current folder, it creates a new bank in 5pin, not 5pin/kits (What the actual **** pt2)

There is a whole slew of this nonsense that makes BM3 a terrible app right now for housekeeping, you have multiples saves here there and everywhere, and considering it is on iPad, that is not good at all, that combined with the autosaves is going to end some iPads pretty soon hahaha.

1 Quick save = "Save" Save = "Save as" this is a standard and should be so in BM3 too.
    2 Anytime i save something i have loaded, the damn software should be saving over the item i loaded, no matter what it is or where it is, this is how save works and has always worked, you can ask "Are you sure" if you want, but save how every other app on the planet saves.
    3 If i Save as or "Save" in Intua language, then choose save in current folder, it better save to the folder the item came out of, if you are going to support sub folders then they need to be supported everywhere, not just loading, but that wouldn't even be needed if i could just hit save sorry "Quick save" and it saved, instead of creating a whole new bank grrrrrrrr.
    4 When i open BM3 and press new session, ask me if i want to create a new session folder, if i say yes, then open the damn browser and let me create it wherever the **** i want (Good housekeeping)
    5 If i go to save session and the session has never been saved, open the damn browser again and do as number 4.

• Oh by the way i do know the reason for all of this, the browser was designed to be powerful but never finished, all the features are designed specifically for creating soundbanks/samples/sessions for the store, the folder structuring is all exactly how a pack from the store will be.
    It just needs all the user features added now :)

• Rome wasn't built in a day