Newest Moog Model 15 Update Now With Realtime AU Automation Recording!

Comments

• So far the only knob I can't automate is 904A Fixed Control Voltage Knob. It also does not appear in BM3's AU Select Parameter list.

• So everything works except filter cutoff?? Something obvs wrong, can't be intentional... Anyone able to test in another daw?
  • edited November 2017

@Heyez said:
    So everything works except filter cutoff?? Something obvs wrong, can't be intentional... Anyone able to test in another daw?

Gert says it's a issue with BM3. It's also an issue with all PPG, the VirSyn apps I've tested and a few others. No problem apeSoft, Amazing Noises or @brambos apps. Correction apeSoft and Amazing Noises apps do not show their 1st AU parameter in BM3's AU parameter list. Bram, what did you different?
    "The 904A Fixed Voltage Control is actually the first parameter, 904A Cutoff since a longer name displayed strangely in many hosts. If you can't find it in BM3, it's probably a problem in that host since it displays properly in other hosts.
    Geert Bevin
    Senior Software Engineer
    Moog Music Inc."

• Geert is a great guy. I've chatted with him by email before and he does know his stuff.

• @philowerx said:
    So far the only knob I can't automate is 904A Fixed Control Voltage Knob. It also does not appear in BM3's AU Select Parameter list.

Oh, so close now! Can’t wait for this to work!

• Its an old bug reported near enough day one of BM3 release

• @5pinlink said:
    Its an old bug reported near enough day one of BM3 release

@mathieugarcia any possibility you could push this bug up to the top of the list?

• edited November 2017

No offence guys, but with the slew of major bugs discovered in 3.0.5 that @mathieugarcia is working frantically on right now, I think the highest you're ever likely to get this on the list is #17

• @tk32 said:
    No offence guys, but with the slew of major bugs discovered in 3.0.5 that @mathieugarcia is working frantically on right now, I think the highest you're ever likely to get this on the list is #17

I'm ok with #17 as long as it's not forgotten. As @5pinlink pointed out this is a very long standing bug.

• Is this related to midi cc issue? Would be ideal if you just turned knobs on HW or AUv3 while recording and BM3 records the messages in an automation lane, like any other DAW. Having to choose it from a list first and draw it in is no good for performance recording.

• Its not to do with MIDI CC, some AU parameters are missing in AUv3 plugins.

• Weird that there is only a handful of sound packs for sale.Seems many people are new to modular and they could be selling a ton more.

• edited November 2017
    Deleted
  • edited November 2017

Spent the day checking to see which apps I have that either show or do not show their first AU parameter in BM3. Of the apps I have the first AU parameter is missing from apps by VirSyn, Moog, apeSoft, Amazing Noises, BlamSoft, Audio Damage, Audiodog, Audioforge Labs, Swar Systems, Klevgrand, Chris Rivers, MIDIculous, Yamaha, PPG, Alexy Nadsharov, Flora Creative, Frederic Corvest, UVItouch, Luis Felipe Vieira Damiana, Kai Aras and Crudebyte. First AU parameter shows in BM3 with apps by Bram Bos, Alexsander Mlazev, Ryouta Kira, ROLI, Living Memory Software, Erik Sigth, Arturia, iceWorks and MN Signal Processing. I have 52 apps missing the 1st AU parameter in BM3's list and 21 that do show their first AU parameter in BM3's list.

• Is there any pattern ?
    Like minimum/maximum amount of parameters etc ?
  • @5pinlink said:
    Is there any pattern ?
    Like minimum/maximum amount of parameters etc ?

No, it's the very 1st potentially available AU parameter. Like the missing Moog Model 15 904A Fixed Control Voltage which shows in AUM as 904A Cutoff. Some apps like ROLI Noise have as few as 4 available AU parameters others have 20+ parameters like Laplace and yet unlike M15, Laplace 1st AU parameter shows in BM3's AU parameter list.

• Crap, so its just completely random then, I was thinking it might be special characters in the name or such but its not that either :(

• It’s the juciest biggest dial....

• @Audiogus said:
    It’s the juciest biggest dial....

Yep :'(

• Please make it work!
    Thanks for this great app

• It seems to be the first parameter that's missing in some AUs but not all.

A fix would be good.
  • @MichaelRocketship said:
    It seems to be the first parameter that's missing in some AUs but not all.

A fix would be good.

Correct. Geert Brevins the main developer for Moog Model 15 says it's an issue with BM3. @mathieugarcia have you seen this?

• Finally got round to playing with Model 15 this morning - so, we can't assign the big filter cutoff knob to a macro currently?

??
  • No. A lot of AUs don't seem to have the first listed parameter available in BM3. Some do.

In the case of model 15, that parameter is the cut off.
  • Their was an update to model15 today. Can anyone test to see if the AU parameter automation issue is fixed?

• @drez said:
    Their was an update to model15 today. Can anyone test to see if the AU parameter automation issue is fixed?

Nope, Fixed Control Voltage which shows in AUM as 904A Cutoff is still missing in BM3. Recording and playback AU automation of Model 15's Fixed Voltage/904A Cutoff works perfectly in Cubasis. The missing 1st AU parameter is a BM3 bug.