Share bug

3.06 bug :(

Can't seem to get files out of BM3.

Comments

• I went to check this out, and this was my experience. I exported a song, navigated to the exported wav in the browser, selected it (it auto played), and I tapped share at the bottom right. the share button simply seemed to gray out, but nothing else happened. since share was gray, I went to tap the file again, but it didn't give any feedback until I tapped away from it and then back on it in the browser, tapped share again and the same thing happened. I pulled up the dropbox pane and was able to select and upload the same file this way, which appeared to be successful. I then tapped the Files icon at bottom right, and all of the files locations appeared to be empty, including audioshare and dropbox. I canceled out of it, tried again, but this time the share button did expand the share menu! before trying any of the options there, I tapped out and then tapped the Files icon again, the Files interface loaded a completely white screen, and the following error was displayed: "internal error - unable to initialize remote proxy for extension. the connection was interrupted." I tapped cancel, the only option, and the files interface minimized. I tapped Files again, and now it's got everything listed inside it as normal, including audioshare and dropbox. the share button pops up the share overlay and I was able to use copy to audioshare just fine, after an odd delay (I didn't see the file, went into a subdirectory and back out, and it appeared. I just unloaded/quit bm3 and started it back up, went to try all of this again, but no issues now, and this time sharing to audioshare was more immediate.

• Ok it worked after a reboot. Probably something wrong with Files in iOS?
  • @LucidMusicInc said:
    Ok it worked after a reboot. Probably something wrong with Files in iOS?

Agreed - it happened to me on my ipad pro - Files App going blank on ocassions not displaying any files/folders.

• @ronji said:
    I went to check this out, and this was my experience. I exported a song, navigated to the exported wav in the browser, selected it (it auto played), and I tapped share at the bottom right. the share button simply seemed to gray out, but nothing else happened. since share was gray, I went to tap the file again, but it didn't give any feedback until I tapped away from it and then back on it in the browser, tapped share again and the same thing happened. I pulled up the dropbox pane and was able to select and upload the same file this way, which appeared to be successful. I then tapped the Files icon at bottom right, and all of the files locations appeared to be empty, including audioshare and dropbox. I canceled out of it, tried again, but this time the share button did expand the share menu! before trying any of the options there, I tapped out and then tapped the Files icon again, the Files interface loaded a completely white screen, and the following error was displayed: "internal error - unable to initialize remote proxy for extension. the connection was interrupted." I tapped cancel, the only option, and the files interface minimized. I tapped Files again, and now it's got everything listed inside it as normal, including audioshare and dropbox. the share button pops up the share overlay and I was able to use copy to audioshare just fine, after an odd delay (I didn't see the file, went into a subdirectory and back out, and it appeared. I just unloaded/quit bm3 and started it back up, went to try all of this again, but no issues now, and this time sharing to audioshare was more immediate.

Agreed - it happened to me on my ipad pro - Files App going blank on ocassions not displaying any files/folders.

• I also had the same problem. Currently, the files app does not load any of my apps. It is just a blank screen. I am almost done working on a song today and was planning to export the stems into Auria for mixing. I am at work right now, does any know if the stem export has been fixed?

• @NoirFlux said:
    I also had the same problem. Currently, the files app does not load any of my apps. It is just a blank screen. I am almost done working on a song today and was planning to export the stems into Auria for mixing. I am at work right now, does any know if the stem export has been fixed?

ive not tried multi stem export as yet maybe try export to Auria or Audioshare within Beatmaker export window.

• The export and share do work. It's just a bug. I was able to move a zipped folder of exported wavs into AudioShare. It just took a reboot and a little extra time.
  • @beatmakerstorm @LucidMusicInc Awesome. Thanks! I will give it a go tonight.

• edited November 2017

@NoirFlux said:
    @beatmakerstorm @LucidMusicInc Awesome. Thanks! I will give it a go tonight.

cool- i found it better to bounce internally in beatmaker first till apple sorts files app buggy stuff- also i just tested files app got it working but couldnt find a way to batch import files seperately into audioshare - files app rendered all the tracks to one file - back to square one.
    At least in Bm3 you can make a zip of all the stems and then share the zip to Dropbox/Audioshare etc. I will actually check if I can also share the zipped stems straight to Auria Pro - i gather it should be able to.

• to add also couldnt find any option in files app to compress to zip - so if you have lots of files could be an issue.

• @beatmakerstorm Audioshare can do that. Honestly, we were better off just working with the Open-In to Audioshare option than Files. I'm not going to hide how I feel about that stupid Apple addition. Like after what 10 years this is what they offer? :/

• Files is amazing, absolutely amazing, I Store everything in Beatmaker structure and open it wherever I want.

• @5pinlink said:
    Files is amazing, absolutely amazing, I Store everything in Beatmaker structure and open it wherever I want.

Compared to Audioshare? You can't zip, you can't preview audio, you can't send anything in or out via Wifi, and only a handful of apps currently support it.

The point is apps like Documents and Audioshare do a proper job. Apple's Files is ugly and buggy.

• No, the point is that i store everythinh in Beatmakers structure where i can do all those things, files just lets me open files elsewhere when i need to, if an app doesnt support files i dont use it, i dont use synths or effects that are not AU either.

This works for me, yours works for you.

• I can preview audio in Files App

• Not entirely related to the blank Files.app issue, however there was a bug with sharing files within a group (multiple entries). Fixed in 3.0.7.

• I tried over my lunch break. I exported the stems in BM3 then opened the files app and they were all there. Then I opened Auria Pro and just dragged and dropped; no issues. :) B)

• edited November 2017

It's the Files app. Sometimes I open it and there's nothing there. Documents and Audioshare are rock solid and have been for years. It's such a shame Apple fails to prioritize the most basic things like a credible files app but releases an IOS update over a hamburger emoji...

@eclipxe samples can't be previewed in files from BM3

@5pinlink nice that it's working for you. I on the other hand will not be using apps unless they have AudioShare, that's been a long standing rule of mine.

@mathieugarcia please bring back AS import and AudioCopy too for that matter. This files app is a disgrace. Also I had to delete BM3. I couldn't access the BM3 settings, probably because of the files connectivity. Ill try reinstalling and testing after the next update.

• @LucidMusicInc - Are you on an iPad that has popover? I use Files app in popover and I can preview files, then drag directly into BM3 (from the popover window). Not the integrated version of Files app in BM3.

• edited December 2017

@LucidMusicInc said:
    It's the Files app. Sometimes I open it and there's nothing there. Documents and Audioshare are rock solid and have been for years. It's such a shame Apple fails to prioritize the most basic things like a credible files app but releases an IOS update over a hamburger emoji...

@eclipxe samples can't be previewed in files from BM3

@5pinlink nice that it's working for you. I on the other hand will not be using apps unless they have AudioShare, that's been a long standing rule of mine.

@mathieugarcia please bring back AS import and AudioCopy too for that matter. This files app is a disgrace. Also I had to delete BM3. I couldn't access the BM3 settings, probably because of the files connectivity. Ill try reinstalling and testing after the next update.

If you are unable to access BM3 settings, you have some other issue besides the files app, that fault isnt being reported by anyone else, so it needs tracking down for sure.
    What else can we do to try and replicate the issue to help the devs ?

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    @beatmakerstorm Audioshare can do that. Honestly, we were better off just working with the Open-In to Audioshare option than Files. I'm not going to hide how I feel about that stupid Apple addition. Like after what 10 years this is what they offer? :/

agreed - Files app needs a prompt update,

• @5pinlink look in settings. There's a few options regarding storage of files. I chose the AudioShare option not knowing what it would do, but hoping it would open in AudioShare. After doing this, settings would no longer open, meaning the app had to be uninstalled.
  • @LucidMusicInc ok ill back up and give it a try and report it, cheers

• I have to be honest, I tried everything changing those settings, I couldn’t get anything different at all to happen, seems like dead settings entirely to me, but I am on IOS 11.

• @5pinlink I'm on IOS 11 with a Mini 4. Thanks for trying to isolate the bug.

• Is it OK if i move this to support @LucidMusicInc ?
    I am fairly sure this is the blank screen files app bug i have been bitching about since day 1 of IOS 11 release.

• @5pinlink I uninstalled files and BeatMaker then reinstalled. The fact that changing a setting in Beatmaker completely disables accessing the settings and breaks the files app is a BM bug that the developers need to investigate. Probably best they remove the option (in settings)
  • It doesn't do that here ?
    I changed those settings about twenty times, restarted and all sorts, I simply cant get them to do anything at all, never mind crash the app.
    I will have to get this one on to @mathieugarcia because like you say, if they are causing intermittent damage randomly like that they need to be sorted.