Left Global Navigation Bar (for AUv3 Screen) ... it’s Coming!.. [3.0.7]

edited December 2017 in Feature Requests

@mathieugarcia, Is it supposed to be visible with AUv3 too? Or is it just for IAA?
Description didn’t specify..

King

Edit: From General —> Feature Request.

Comments

• It’s here though!

Cheers,

King

• edited November 2017

Hey @KING,

The problem is that some AUv3 require full width to properly display their interface.
    It could work with the resolution available on iPad Pro 10.5 or 12.9" though!

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Hey @KING,

The problem is that some AUv3 require full width to properly display their interface.
    It could work with the resolution available on iPad Pro 10.5 or 12.9" though!

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

Yeah I could see the AUv3 interface issue.
    Would it then be possible (for ‘that’ screen) to have the global-bar as a slide-over?

The quick access is very nice for fx etc.. but for me I see a future without many (if any) IAA’s, only AUv3’s..

Cheers,

King

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @triton100 said:

@KING said:

.. but for me I see a future without many (if any) IAA’s, only AUv3’s..

…that future is already here, many of us only tend to use AUs ...

Indeed :)

Still a few I can’t delete, no matter how much I tell myself I should/could. lol
    I’m just constantly checking here and there for info of their AUv3 transformations.

Such as: Animoog, SynthMaster, Sunrizer, etc.. who knows, even Korg and Sugar Bites. ;)

King

• It’s all possible now!

King

• edited December 2017
    @mathieugarcia the main problem here is that currently we can't access fx at same time as au keys etc. On the AU keys view there is a ton of wasted space where the writing is for 'velocity' 'show AU params' etc. All that stuff could be easily condensed and give enough room to add the main 'left column icons' to that horizontal toolbar in Au keys view? Definitely the 'fx' icon at least...
  • @Heyez true! Let me run this idea on our next beta!

Cheers :-)

• Cool :) Be great to have access to fx + AU at same time :)
  • edited December 2017

@mathieugarcia said:
    @Heyez true! Let me run this idea on our next beta!

Cheers :-)

If for any reason they say “nay”, there is plenty room on that same bar (above the keyboard) to add an FX button. ... Over to the right obviously, so it’s not obscured, and can be switched back when the fx are open. (or the ability to ‘X’ out of the fx).
    In fact that ^ sounds like a great idea/solution!

King

• edited December 2017

If this does get implemented, maybe also the FX interface can be dragged (similar to Files app) or optioned, over to any side of the screen.

(Even globally too)..

King

• edited December 2017

@KING that would actually be a nice addition !

In the meantime:

• Great job @mathieugarcia :) looks really good and problem solved :)

Wonder if there could maybe also be an option some time in future in settings for 'permanent navigation bar'? Just to smooth things out a little further for people that want 'minimal clicks' and don't mind the slightly shrunken AU ui being permanent? Just an idea tho, not a dealbreaker either way :)

Thanks for your work dude!
  • edited December 2017

@mathieugarcia said:
    @KING that would actually be a nice addition !

In the meantime:

Coming in 3.0.7! - you say... :)

Excellent! - I say... Excellent! :) :)

That looks the biz-niz.

These little-ish things, make a big difference.

Bless

King

• edited December 2017

For those AU’s that don’t re-size/shrink like Poison-202 does, maybe they could be scrollable, left and right-able..
    I’ll leave that to you, I’m sure you guys have figured it all out, and your already fully on the case.

That ^ picture does look proppa dow ;)

King

• edited December 2017