BUG - App Crash - Cancel renaming of bank (FIXED)

edited December 2017 in Fixed Bugs
  1. Load fresh BM3 (not already in memory)
  2. Load session (or try on new session)
  3. Hold finger on bank, tap rename.
  4. Keyboard pops up, tap cancel.
  5. App crashes

This is a real baddy. I was working on a few sessions for a few hours and this happened. If you don’t force close the app, and just reopen it then it’s much more intermittent. It took me forever to narrow this down so if you anyone can confirm that would be great..

If video is needed, will post.

Comments

• iPad Pro 2015 iOS 11.1.2 BM3 3.0.6
    just ran through this with a fresh session, and BM3 did not crash while I canceled renaming bank A1 from all screens I could think of trying. loaded up an old session, still couldn't get it to crash by canceling renaming.

just saw iOS 11.2 is now available. downloading and installing it now.

• @ronji said:
    iPad Pro 2015 iOS 11.1.2 BM3 3.0.6
    just ran through this with a fresh session, and BM3 did not crash while I canceled renaming bank A1 from all screens I could think of trying. loaded up an old session, still couldn't get it to crash by canceling renaming.

just saw iOS 11.2 is now available. downloading and installing it now.

iPad Pro 9.7 Last years model iOS 11.1.2 BM3 3.0.6
    I may have to post video. It happens almost regularly for me. Maybe I should update.

• a video would help, because maybe there are things present that are affecting this that you didn't think to explain in your post. also, did you try with a fresh session, making no changes and just trying to cancel renaming bank A1?

• edited December 2017

Bails for me iOS11.2 good catch, hope @mathieugarcia grabs the crash-logs...

Addition, doesn't bail in BM3 3.0.7 Beta #4...

• hmmm, after updating to iOS 11.2, I still haven't gotten it to crash on canceling bank rename. good to hear that @samu can get it to crash in 3.0.6 but not in 3.0.7 on his same ipad, so maybe that means it'll already be fixed.

• @ronji said:
    a video would help, because maybe there are things present that are affecting this that you didn't think to explain in your post. also, did you try with a fresh session, making no changes and just trying to cancel renaming bank A1?

Is app still running in background? This is on fresh load of app. Q Anyways just be aware of it. Could happen and you'd lose work. Got to help everyone on out somehow.

@samu said:
    Bails for me iOS11.2 good catch, hope @mathieugarcia grabs the crash-logs...

Addition, doesn't bail in BM3 3.0.7 Beta #4...

Awesome. I'm not crazy then. laughs

• @mefisme nope, quit the app and loaded it fresh every time, tried new sessions and more than one existing session, still haven't gotten this bug to show. from which screen(s) are you doing the renaming? and did you get it to crash in a fresh session? hope it's clear I'm not trying to say this isn't a valid bug, I'm just trying to figure out if there's a specific situation where this might show up, or at least identify that it's not a problem on the 2015 iPad Pro (first gen).

• I will investigate this, cancelling the text input gives me a pretty odd error message in the debug console. It's probably related.

Thanks for the report.
    Cheers!

• @ronji @mathieugarcia @samu Appreciate everyone looking into it. Kind of seems like some sort of time delay. Like if you hit cancel before the keyboard completes its GUI animation. Seems to only happen when I’m working quickly. I’ll be silly and rhyme...

“Imma’ move so fast, I make Beatmaker 3 crash.”

• This is fixed in the upcoming 3.0.7.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    This is fixed in the upcoming 3.0.7.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

ty!