Disable midi data from pad?

edited December 2017 in Bug reports

It doesn't matter if I mute the pads change the bank midi settings to receive no input from my controller if the focus action is set to trigger that pad or if single channel key is set that information still ends up in the recorded pattern. Does anybody know if there is any way to stop all midi data from being received from a pad?

Comments

• Pad MIDI input is set to none ?
    Omni is set to 'Off' in prefs ?

• @5pinlink said:
    Pad MIDI input is set to none ?

Yes. Pattern gets recorded, no sound obviously on purpose in this case but the pattern data as if a note we're there still gets captured in sequencer. I'm trying to prevent that. I know that sounds weird.

• Being able to 'turn off' the midi recording from a pad/bank will definitely be needed when AUv3 Midi Plug-Ins are in use, otherwise the bank/pad hosting a AUv3 Midi Plug-In would be overdubbing it self for every pass when recording.

In practice this would mean that each pad/bank/track gets an 'arm for recording' toggle...

• @5pinlink said:
    Pad MIDI input is set to none ?

Come to think of it and it’s a little misleading. Let’s say I set a bank to single channel, select the channel (I’ll just say channel one) and select the midi controller I want that bank assigned to. Each pad under Midi set up says that the device and channel supposed to follow the bank settings. The trouble is it doesn’t I still have to select the pad and change follow bank settings on device only otherwise I lose Pitch wheel modulation wheel and sustain pedal, and let’s say I don’t change specific pads to midi input none, it’s still capturing the pattern data in sequencer.

I’m sorry I’m explaining this poorly. Probably time for video. Thanks for all responses.

• I think I’m finding out that focus actions to trigger pads take priority over bank settings. This is a big deal. Bug maybe?

• @mathieugarcia @5pinlink I must be getting close. Not related but Just found a graphical bug in bank settings on bank or pad. It's glitching out.

• A video is very very helpful, i am only sending videos for bug reports from now on, its much easier for the developers.
  • @5pinlink said:
    A video is very very helpful, i am only sending videos for bug reports from now on, its much easier for the developers.

Agreed. Here’s video. 4:53 minutes BM3 midi input issues and graphical bug.

• It's not just midi input none. It's still capturing data from the pad even if I select a different channel. So I'm not sure what's going on here. What's worse. Lets say the bank device and port is set to all and then I set a pad to single channel specific device and I had 128 banks or more. I just recorded 128 patterns in scene. Will make video of that if you'd like.

• Will watch when i get home
  • There's definitely a few bugs there for sure!

• @samu said:
    There's definitely a few bugs there for sure!

I'm not at all trying to be a nuisance. It's better that the entire Community knows what the public release is doing so they don't get frustrated or mess up their workflows. Plus we never know there may be something that Intua doesn't know and I love helping out anyone.

I've got two templates I'm working on for 2 midi controllers to share with everyone for the Akai MPKmini Mk II and the original APC40 (APC40 is perfect for BM3!) Unfortunately I don't have any other controllers except oxygen 49 and nanopad2 series. This template will also be able to be used for easy resampling, loops, and glitching effects. The workflow is for both production and live use and you won't need the controllers I have to use it.

I will be giving back to this Community in some way soon. Can't wait!

• @mefisme said:

@samu said:
    There's definitely a few bugs there for sure!

I'm not at all trying to be a nuisance. It's better that the entire Community knows what the public release is doing so they don't get frustrated or mess up their workflows. Plus we never know there may be something that Intua doesn't know and I love helping out anyone.

Yepp, and it's really good you caught the buggers and made a video too show-case them.
    That's just the way it should be done, kudos!

This will also make it easier for Intua to track it down and fix it so it's a win-win situation for us all :)

• OK watched the video, I have always set my bank to none too, so never really took much notice of t his, but yes, if it says bank setting or none, then none should be none hahaha, good catch, will forward this on to @mathieugarcia right now ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    A video is very very helpful, i am only sending videos for bug reports from now on, its much easier for the developers.

Agreed. Here’s video. 4:53 minutes
    https://youtu.be/s3OHm-fy9og

• @5pinlink said:

Agreed. Here’s video. 4:53 minutes
    https://youtu.be/s3OHm-fy9og