Program Change for AU instances Not Working?

I wanted to send a program change message to Lorentz in order to change patches. I tried it in BM3 and it didn't work. Tested on 2 different devices as both stand alone and inside AUM and all cases react to the program change as expected.

Can't get Program Change to work in BM3 on ether device (all other MIDI commands received normally). Am I doing something wrong or is this not functioning correctly?

Oscar

Comments

• I wanted to send a program change message to Lorentz in order to change patches. I tried it in BM3 and it didn't work. Tested on 2 different devices as both stand alone and inside AUM and all cases react to the program change as expected.

Can't get Program Change to work in BM3 on ether device (all other MIDI commands received normally). Am I doing something wrong or is this not functioning correctly?

Oscar
    Did you mean CC message? Because if you know how to get PC messages to work on iOS, I need to know how to do this.  I can’t get it to work at all system-wide and thought Program changes were not supported by the operating system.  Either that or I don’t know my MIDI in iOS well enough. 

If program changes do work on iOS then it must be specific to whether or not the developers include the functionality. 
  • d4d0ug said:
    mefisme said:
    I wanted to send a program change message to Lorentz in order to change patches. I tried it in BM3 and it didn't work. Tested on 2 different devices as both stand alone and inside AUM and all cases react to the program change as expected.

Oscar
    Did you mean CC message? Because if you know how to get PC messages to work on iOS, I need to know how to do this.  I can’t get it to work at all system-wide and thought Program changes were not supported by the operating system.  Either that or I don’t know my MIDI in iOS well enough. 

If program changes do work on iOS then it must be specific to whether or not the developers include the functionality. 
    Not sure if this helps, but MODSTEP can send PC messages. I think its down to the implementation on the host / AU.
     Time to buy bunch of apps for Christmas!  Lol. In all seriousness, thank you for this. 
  • Modstep is the measuring stick in terms of implemented features (What they implement works very well) they just suck entirely at anything UI/X (Which i think they know considering their new DJ app you make your own UI hahahaha)

@mathieugarcia can you confirm this hasn't been implemented yet and i will move it over to an FR for @OscarSouth