Quick Macro Reset / Default Macro State / Hold for Context Menu

Just a few suggestions I’d like for UI/mappable controls functionality.  This is just something I think would be handy, maybe others would agree.

A settings behavior or UI change where macros behave differently.  Under a macro’s three dots menu, The control for the Macro on this screen could set the default state of the Macro.  Then a double tap on the Macro under macro controls could reset it to its default set state.  A hold could bring up the current double tap functionality.  Currently reset defaults to 50% all the time. This doesn’t work to well with some mappable parameters. 

Comments

• Yep this is needed for sure, each macro edit page should have..
    Type/MIDI Learn/Name/Color.
    Type would be the type of control, Button/Dial/Selector, each would have its own options, for button would be switch or momentary and default position, Dial would have Min/Max and default value, selector would have number of steps and default value.
    That covers pretty much all controls needed to not only cover BMs built in features but also for MIDI macro templates later down the line.
  • 5pinlink said:
    Yep this is needed for sure, each macro edit page should have..
    Type/MIDI Learn/Name/Color.
    Type would be the type of control, Button/Dial/Selector, each would have its own options, for button would be switch or momentary and default position, Dial would have Min/Max and default value, selector would have number of steps and default value.
    That covers pretty much all controls needed to not only cover BMs built in features but also for MIDI macro templates later down the line.
    +1 for all. 
  • Nice suggestions guys, definitely keep an eye on this...
  • edited December 2017
    Nice suggestions guys, definitely keep an eye on this...
    I just figured since banks have hold for contextual / additional options it would feel more natural for other controls to behave similarly. Kind of like this:

Hold (context)
    Single touch (selector)
    Tap and drag (movement)
    Double tap (quick action)
    Triple tap (overkill...lol)