I need suggested tip/trick

I can't record into the pattern editor when a pad/sample is mapped to a CC message with multiple CC values (a rotary knob) so I'm performing them and then resampling them to another pad mapped to a toggle (for a loop) while the play head is running. Since I can't record the sample this way and no option to set loop as default. I have to make this change while the live sequence is playing and then stop it somehow.

My question is this. Any cool suggestions as to how I should use effects on the unrecordable sequence to get out of it so that I can trigger the resampled version. Like a fade or high pass/low pass delay maybe?

Just trying to do something different.

Comments

• A gated stutter LFO-like effect that fades would be cool but I'm not sure how to build it.

• I usually build a sequence in real-time. A sort of intro I guess you could say. I'm triggering 4 pads each with certain effects. They are looping themselves either forward or alternated. Once they are going, BM3 doesn't recognize any audio because no midi is being captured. we can't record a rotary knob when mapped to a pad (yet...winkwink ). So I've to transition out of it after 8-16 bars.

• You could try to assigning an LFO(with square wave) to 'Gain'.
    The LFO has a fade-in time and can also be synced to tempo.

• @samu said:
    You could try to assigning an LFO(with square wave) to 'Gain'.

I'm gonna try this here shortly. Appreciate the suggestion. Do LFO, fade in time, and gain one knob set min max?

• @mefisme said:

@samu said:
    You could try to assigning an LFO(with square wave) to 'Gain'.

I'm gonna try this here shortly. Appreciate the suggestion. Do LFO, fade in time, and gain one knob set min max?

Modulations are 'relative' so the 'max'(100%) from the modulator will be the level the gain is initially set at.
    LFO's can also be bi-polar(+/-) or uni-poiar(0-100).

If you need a custom gate pattern, assign a step-modulator to gain instead of the LFO.

This is not a 'perfect' solution for 'gating' since it's applied on a per voice basis.
    (Other options would be to use the automation lanes and automate the pad volume but as far as I know the modulators can not be assigned to that parameter).