Rozeta Rhythm does not play the 1st downbeat

iPad AIR 2
iOS 11.2

Working with Rozeta rhythm connected to a drum kit, it does not ever play the first downbeat of the drums when I press play.

Comments

• Also, as soon as I started messing around with the 2nd Rozeta Rhythm in the bank, I got 2 hard crashes within a hour.

• Will get some tests on when i get home, how many channels and such Dean ?

• edit - Wrong info on my part -
    I am no longer thinking clearly.
    It's been a long day of frustration with BM3 and Rozetta - I need to walk away from the computer now.

Information correction:
    The crashes started with 2 instances of bassline on 1 bank, playing 2 different one shots melodically.

• Experienced same thing. I followed this: and hit record, BM3 did not record the first note after the count down.

• edited December 2017

I think I found the issue: the states reported by the AUHostTransportStateBlock don't reflect the actual transport state. I'm always receiving "stated changed" and "transport moving" even when BM3's transport is not running. So when you hit play and the transport state actually does change, the plugin misses its cue - and as a result the first downbeat. This is something that can only be fixed on BM3's end unfortunately.

For Rozeta plugins the "transport moving" is the most crucial flag. "State changed" is only used as one of the redundant fallback mechanisms to catch a running sequencer.

• Hey @brambos -- you are right, I'll investigate the issue! This will be available for testing in the next beta build.

Cheers!

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Hey @brambos -- you are right, I'll investigate the issue! This will be available for testing in the next beta build.

With the complexity of everything AU and CoreAudio, it's always hard to tell whether something is a bug or a workaround for some other related problem. Let me know if there's something I can do on my end if fixing this leads to other issues elsewhere in BM3 :)

• edited December 2017

True @brambos ! That said, again you managed to isolate exactly what was wrong with the transport state block.
    I just double-checked and saw this:

if (transportStateFlags) { AUHostTransportStateFlags flags = AUHostTransportStateChanged; // always marked as changed
    Working on a fix right now, thanks again!

• @mathieugarcia said:
    True @brambos ! That said, again you managed to isolate exactly what was wrong with the transport state block.

Happy to help :)

• This makes my heart warm. I noted the downbeat problem in a track I'm working on last night. By morning @mathieugarcia and @brambos have it worked out. Fantastic!
    Now I just need to resolve whether to "print" the MIDI from Rozeta or run the MIDI generators in real time to get the sweet mutations/generative stuff.

• This makes my heart warm. I noted the downbeat problem in a track I'm working on last night. By morning @mathieugarcia and @brambos have it worked out. Fantastic!
    Now I just need to resolve whether to "print" the MIDI from Rozeta or run the MIDI generators in real time to get the sweet mutations/generative stuff.

• Now I just need to resolve whether to "print" the MIDI from Rozeta or run the MIDI generators in real time to get the sweet mutations/generative stuff.

Is there a way to not trigger the recording of midi notes when running the Rozetta sequencer? I would love to not "print" them but every time I hit 'record' it records them to that track.

• We are currently waiting for track arm ;)

• @mathieugarcia said:

if (transportStateFlags) { AUHostTransportStateFlags flags = AUHostTransportStateChanged; // always marked as changed

I saw transport state and had to ask if this was related. Then I realized it wasn’t.
    Is there a way to implement this or would it break behavior?
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/5947/bug-request-transport-step-back-forward-midi-stop-behavior#latest

• We are currently waiting for track arm ;)

That would be great!