Sampler: spanning scenes with looping sounds (latching?)

I’ve found that One-Shot + Legato allows a sustained sound like pads/strings to play out, even during a scene change. Obviously, this only works for longer sounds. For shorter/looping sustained sounds, I could clone the looping portion in the editor, but would it be possible to add a Loop + Legato combination for this situation?

I have included ‘latching?’ in the subject line, because I’m not really sure what that is. :wink:

Comments

• Latching is when you press a pad it stays pressed until you press it again, so if its a loop it stays playing until you press it off.

Legato shouldn't really have anything at all to do with this, it's purpose is to not retrigger the amp envelope between overlapping notes, that could actually be a bug.

I will have to do some tests to see if you can get a loop to sustain past a scene change.

• @5pinlink @panoramica You can latch a loop with more than one channel on a controller and a pad triggered by a toggle. But I'm not sure If that's what your asking. Latching loops independently from a scene change or bank change is what I'm talking about.

• @mefisme said:
    @5pinlink @panoramica You can latch a loop with more than one channel on a controller and a pad triggered by a toggle. But I'm not sure If that's what your asking. Latching loops independently from a scene change or bank change is what I'm talking about.

Or one controller but it has to be a toggle or it won't work.

• edited December 2017

Thanks for the clarification and advice. I’m trying to do everything in BM3, so I’m not using any external physical or software MIDI controllers.