Direct Pad Resampling

not sure but seems I have to play the sequence to resample a pad?

Comments

• edited December 2017

Yeah this is one of my most requested features personally, i really really miss one click resampling !!
    Strangely enough, we talk about it in other threads all the time but a feature request has never been made, i'm gonna rename and move this over to feature requests ;) @beatmakerstorm

1 Pad to pad resample
    2 Pad freeze (Resample in place)
    3 Pattern resample (Pattern direct to pad, marker to marker no editing)
    4 Selection to pad (Select a section of audio on the timeline, resample direct to a pad)

• Being able to use the 'Plug-In Sampler' on the Sampler pads would be a real boon too.
    It would make it easier to say, create chord samples from single notes or 'bake-in' filter sweeps among other things.

Anything that improves re-sampling is welcome.

• @5pinlink said:
    Yeah this is one of my most requested features personally, i really really miss one click resampling !!
    Strangely enough, we talk about it in other threads all the time but a feature request has never been made, i'm gonna rename and move this over to feature requests ;) @beatmakerstorm

1 Pad to pad resample
    4 Selection to pad (Select a section of audio on the timeline, resample direct to a pad)

cheers for info @5pinlink and appreciate the feedback :-)

• @samu said:
    Being able to use the 'Plug-In Sampler' on the Sampler pads would be a real boon too.
    It would make it easier to say, create chord samples from single notes or 'bake-in' filter sweeps among other things.

Anything that improves re-sampling is welcome.

@samu - i agree 100%

• Agree with this!

• edited December 2017

@eclipxe said:
    Agree with this!

@eclipxe cool. yep needed

• Pad to pad resampling is possible but yeah, you have to go through the recorder.
    One improvement to ease the process would be to add make it possible to minimize/fold the audio recorder in the left navigation toolbar.

• No thats not the request @mathieugarcia
    The request is for direct resampling, there should be no need at all for recording.
    Just click, new pad with pattern rendered as a perfect loop on the pad, click and the current pad is rendered to a new pad with all settings and effects rendered in.

Maschine has drag n drop and it sort of works (their rendering is crap, always adds empty spaces on the render)

Just think of using the sampler+fx to create a shit hot kick drum that uses 60% CPU, drag to new pad, now its just a simple sample with all the layers and effects rendered in, using nearly no CPU.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Pad to pad resampling is possible but yeah, you have to go through the recorder.
    One improvement to ease the process would be to add make it possible to minimize/fold the audio recorder in the left navigation toolbar.

This could work as it would make the UI 'behind' the Recorder window accessible...
    (This way it would be possible to select a 'bank' as the source in the recorder and record the output to an audio-track or pad(s) ). So for example in Bank 2 select Bank 1 as the 'source' when recording samples, start recording, switch to Bank 1 and play, tweak & resample away on everything the bank has to offer.

If the recorder ends up in the side bar it should retain start/stop buttons to quickly start and stop the 'sampling' without having to bring up the recorder UI.

• edited December 2017

Addition, the 'recorder' could always be accessible from side bar?(Just tap on it to bring up the 'configuration dialogue'). This would make sampling super fast, tap an empty pad, tap the 'record' in the sidebar to record a sample to the pad, done...

Addition 2: while the 'pad' is recording/sampling it could show the timer...
    And optionally the 'pad' that is being recorded to could be tapped top stop the recording...

This could go on and on, 'Double Tap' on an empty pad to start recording...

Forum Brainstorm Time :D

• This would be the worst possible compromise in my book, this is 2017 and software, you should not have to ever record anything that should be a one click render, that is only one step up from running out to hardware desk, in fact if you are recording then why not run out through some circuit, it misses the point entirely of direct resampling.

• 'Rendering' and 'Performance Re-Sampling' are to different things in my book.

• The op wanted to resample a pad not a performance, direct resampling ;)

• edited December 2017

FYI you can never resample a performance, it is realtime and has to be recorded ;)

• edited December 2017

@mathieugarcia said:
    Pad to pad resampling is possible but yeah, you have to go through the recorder.

Absolutely this

AudioShare is my go to Resampler

• Ok IOS obviously has a different meaning for resampling, my apologies, i will stay out of this thread.
    Sorry for any confusion ;)

• edited December 2017

Actually Caustic has a resampling feature that allows you to select multiple instruments and play them at different intervals to make a pitched "multi sample " instrument.

An app so far ahead of its time

IMPC has resampling too but the clicks and clips and crashes continue to make it a digital dust collector.

• @5pinlink said:
    FYI you can never resample a performance, it is realtime and has to be recorded ;)

Yeah, instead of using an 'Audio Track' as the destination a 'Pad in a Bank' would do nicely ;)
    (It's quite tedious to create a pattern for a 'chord' and then do a 'synced recording' of that pattern when it would be way smoother to just arm sampling and play the chord and having the results end up on another pad).

• @beatmakerstorm said:

@5pinlink said:

1 Pad to pad resample

These could be under a resample mode category. Hold rec button for context settings. Double tap for action.

• @5pinlink said:
    this is 2017 and software, you should not have to ever record anything that should be a one click render,
    Ok IOS obviously has a different meaning for resampling,

I am on your page, brutha!
    I feel you and agree!
    :D

+1 for actual resampling

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Actually Caustic has a resampling feature that allows you to select multiple instruments and play them at different intervals to make a pitched "multi sample " instrument.

An app so far ahead of its time

IMPC has resampling too but the clicks and clips and crashes continue to make it a digital dust collector.

ok yeh i use impc pro but bm3 has far more impressed me - just a few things here and there and really will be top notch.

• edited December 2017

@mefisme said:

@beatmakerstorm said:

@5pinlink said:

1 Pad to pad resample

These could be under a resample mode category. Hold rec button for context settings. Double tap for action.

@mefisme yep that's smooth 100% agree

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@mathieugarcia said:

Absolutely this

AudioShare is my go to Resampler

@mathieugarcia agree 100% - cheers for the feedback

• @mathieugarcia said:

@mathieugarcia cool

• @samu said:
    Addition, the 'recorder' could always be accessible from side bar?(Just tap on it to bring up the 'configuration dialogue'). This would make sampling super fast, tap an empty pad, tap the 'record' in the sidebar to record a sample to the pad, done...

And optionally the 'pad' that is being recorded to could be tapped top stop the recording...

@samu agree 100%

• @5pinlink said:
    No thats not the request @mathieugarcia
    The request is for direct resampling, there should be no need at all for recording.
    Just click, new pad with pattern rendered as a perfect loop on the pad, click and the current pad is rendered to a new pad with all settings and effects rendered in.

I would love this !

• edited December 2017

@samu said:

@samu agree 100% > @StudioES said:

@5pinlink said:

1 Pad to pad resample

1 Pad to pad resample - aka 'bounce to audio'
    2 Pad freeze (Resample in place) - aka 'bounce to audio' to save CPU - IMO this is required for iOS

+7.442 billion; this would be an epic update, considering all the tricks BM3 has. But, I can see it being a coding headache, considering past issues in DAWs with real time versus offline bouncing/rendering.

@StudioES Have faith :-) impc pro has resample to pad and IMO the coders at INTUA are miles ahead

• edited December 2017

Minimising the recording window alone opens up a lot of opportunities like @beatmakerstorm suggests.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Minimising the recording window alone opens up a lot of opportunities like @beatmakerstorm suggests.

@LucidMusicInc - nice one for the feedback. peace