Support of AUv3 MIDI plugins.

Do we know if we can use these apps
https://www.midiflow.com/audiobus/
and if so what or how would you route this

Comments

• edited December 2017

You need to run those in AudioBus, they are designed specifically to run in that (they are not AUv3 MIDI) unfortunately as does seem the case in recent times, Audiobus is a week ahead of the times and week later years behind the times.
    They always break new ground and then get overtaken by an OS standard.

These would be great if they were AU MIDI, which will from now on be the standard for this sort of thing, proprietary standards like those above will not work outside of their platform.

Hopefully the Chordflow developer sees that and ports them quick fast, he would have some instant sales from BM3 users, that is for sure.

• edited December 2017

And you aren't running Audiobus ?
    Even the developers website linked to above says they only run in Audiobus ??

• edited December 2017

Very strange.....I know it’s an Audiobus app. Yesterday I was able to use the MFkeyboard in AUM without audiobus and now I cannot recreate this scenario

Yesterday I was able to select MF keys in the routing options, but today’s another day and it doesn’t up show as a midi output anymore

• Had you had it loaded in AB at some point, possibly it ghosted and stayed active ?

• edited December 2017

Audiobus is built on top of IAA (that's why all AB-compatible apps can also be connected to as IAA apps, with only a minimal subset of IAA features implemented). Perhaps some parts of the MF functionality also function when loaded in IAA mode?

• Slight OT, but @brambos do you know if AU plugins are actually loaded as a completely separate app ?
    The reason I ask is that the screen recorder will only work after the audio engine has started, but if you load an AU plugin after you start screen recording, it’s audio won’t be recorded.

• edited December 2017

@5pinlink said:
    Slight OT, but @brambos do you know if AU plugins are actually loaded as a completely separate app ?
    The reason I ask is that the screen recorder will only work after the audio engine has started, but if you load an AU plugin after you start screen recording, it’s audio won’t be recorded.

AU plugins are loaded in their own sandboxed process, however all instances of the same AU are inside a single sandbox. So if an AU crashes, it won't crash the host but it will crash all other instances of the same plugin.

I have noticed the same thing as you with screen recorder and I think you're correct. I always make sure everything's already loaded and working before starting screen recorder. But for making how-to-videos and tutorials for audio apps that's donkeyballs for obvious reasons.

• Yeah I have to record my recordings in sections, I record the loading of the plugins etc, then stop recording and start again, then stitch them together haha