BM3 ReCycle BiN!

edited December 2017 in Feature Requests

Recycle Bin, for:

Sessions.
Samples.
Banks.
Midi-files.
... and what ever else might need retrieving.

The user is in full control of emptying and restoring etc. So if it fills their iOS storage, that’s their choice. ;)

The Bin could have a restore for the files, or you could move them around BM3 manually (you may not want to put them back to where they originally came from).

Everything! deleted should go to the Recycle-Bin as default.

Cheers!

King

Comments

• If you delete files from the BM3 folder using the Files.app they end up in the iOS recycle bin and stay there for 30 days or so before being wiped ;)

• @samu said:
    If you delete files from the BM3 folder using the Files.app they end up in the iOS recycle bin and stay there for 30 days or so before being wiped ;)

Good tip!
    I’ll do some tests!

Doubt if I would be using that to delete stuff in a hurry though. In fact I hardly use the files app that much (yet). (Drag n Drop is buggy for me).

A dedicated Bin in BM3 would be best. Like AudioShare-ish.

King

• edited December 2017

Did a test and deleted a wav file from a ‘Sessions recordings’ folder.
    Went into Files app, looked In ‘Recently Deleted’ but not in there.
    Only a couple AUM projects I deleted were in there.

I tried! ;)

Long...

King

• edited December 2017

I see, I would have to delete it using the Files app.

Nah..

But good tip!

King

• edited December 2017

Maybe (from within BM3) BM3 could just send deleted files to the ‘Recently Deleted’ folder in Files app. (I’d rather stay in one app as much as pos, hence AU preference over IAA).
    That’s the future, all apps could have the option to do so..

Etc..

King

• @KING said:
    Maybe (from within BM3) BM3 could just send deleted files to the ‘Recently Deleted’ folder in Files app. (I’d rather stay in one app as much as pos, hence AU preference over IAA).
    That’s the future, all apps could have the option to do so..

That probably work but don't know how much 'extra' it would take to implement it since BM3 has it's own 'custom' file manager. I mean when you delete samples and stuff in GarageBand they end up in the 'Recently Deleted' but then again GarageBand is very 'iOS' and uses the native Files interface for all things related to file management.