Sampler: Stretch modes

I’d find it useful to have an option to pitch the sample to play in time, rather than stretch it.

Comments

• Under 'Duration' the Auto-Scale option tunes the sample to match the tempo.

What would also be nice would be that the audio-tracks could behave like 'tape' so when the tempo is changed the audio-tracks would slow down or speed up to match the tempo. (This is one feature I just love in AUM).

• It had autoscale for audio tracks upon release, sadly it was buggy as hell and got removed :(
    Can't wait for that to come back and audio clip editing on the timeline, will be able to get some proper Acid Pro style loop mashes going.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No that uses time stretch, autoscale uses resampling (OK that is the real name for it, but i already found out that resampling means something else entirely on IOS) so it changes the pitch as it changes speed, live stretch doesn't change pitch as it changes tempo.

• @5pinlink said:
    No that uses time stretch, autoscale uses resampling (OK that is the real name for it, but i already found out that resampling means something else entirely on IOS) so it changes the pitch as it changes speed, live stretch doesn't change pitch as it changes tempo.

Ahhh, yah I wasn’t sure what the hell people were talking about with ‘resampling’ on the AB forum. In Samplitude it just meant changing the playback speed to match the desired length.

• Yeah there is a lot of mix up on IOS as regards what Resampling is, seems on IOS it generally means Re-Sampling as in Re-Recording something.
    Resampling as an algorithm means to change sample rate, which is how autoscale works, lower down the keys/lower the sample rate/lower the pitch, this later became a general term for any sort of automated ITB sample>>process>>sample.

• @triton100 said:

@samu said:
    Under 'Duration' the Auto-Scale option tunes the sample to match the tempo.

What would also be nice would be that the audio-tracks could behave like 'tape' so when the tempo is changed the audio-tracks would slow down or speed up to match the tempo. (This is one feature I just love in AUM).

Doesn't it do this already once you've hit live time stretch?

It's different, 'Live Stretch' stretches the sample without changing the pitch while the 'Auto Scale' tunes the sample to match the tempo (half tempo one octave down, double tempo one octave up).

• @5pinlink said:
    It had autoscale for audio tracks upon release, sadly it was buggy as hell and got removed :(
    Can't wait for that to come back and audio clip editing on the timeline, will be able to get some proper Acid Pro style loop mashes going.

This.