Recording Audio - Monitoring

Totally willing to admit to being an idiot and missing something on this, but I can’t figure out how to monitor the audio that’s going into Beatmaker when I’m recording an audio track.

I’m not talking about recording a sample onto a pad. I mean just good old ‘plug in my guitar to my SonicPort VX, add an audio track, select ‘SonicPort VX’ as my input, arm the track, then hit record’ type of recording.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• Hmm, I think I may have found a way to get it to work, but I’m hoping that there’s a simpler solution.

I loaded my guitar plug-in as an Auv3 effect on Aux1, and then sent that to my audio track. Then at least I’m able to hear the guitar, but only after I’ve hit the record button. There doesn’t seem to be a way to monitor just a clean signal in from the audio interface.

• On the mixer panel, you can double tap your audio track title to arm the recording.
    Under I/O make sure you have which input you want to record from.
    The only mon button I’ve found is below near mute and solo.

@handymaker said:
    Totally willing to admit to being an idiot and missing something on this, but I can’t figure out how to monitor the audio that’s going into Beatmaker when I’m recording an audio track.

I’m not talking about recording a sample onto a pad. I mean just good old ‘plug in my guitar to my SonicPort VX, add an audio track, select ‘SonicPort VX’ as my input, arm the track, then hit record’ type of recording.

Am I missing something?

• Is there a way to monitor while the tracks are stopped? Cant seem to figure it out yet. It only monitors when I'm recording.

• Never mind I got it lol