Output routing and metronome? (WORKAROUND)

edited December 2017 in Feature Requests

Does anyone know if the metronome is tied to the master, all outputs, or not implemented into outputs at all and is only tied to the app?

Comments

• If i remember correctly it overlays all output, output choice would be a good FR especially for e-kit users, but you can always work round it by creating a metronome bank and using that.

• @5pinlink said:
    If i remember correctly it overlays all output, output choice would be a good FR especially for e-kit users, but you can always work round it by creating a metronome bank and using that.

A whole bank for a metronome is silly, but that's a great idea dude for a workaround. I appreciate it and will try this. I imagine this will work great. Doing some advanced routing tests.

+1 for more routing options including metronome output.

• With 128 banks and the most common thing being a single AU synth in a bank, a bank for metronomes where you can select whatever metronome you want, better still you can actually play to a drum pattern or whatever, its not just a workaround its pretty much common practice on desktop DAWs too, in fact drummers have been laying a scratch track since the late 60s, so its all relative really.

• @5pinlink said:
    With 128 banks and the most common thing being a single AU synth in a bank, a bank for metronomes where you can select whatever metronome you want, better still you can actually play to a drum pattern or whatever, its not just a workaround its pretty much common practice on desktop DAWs too, in fact drummers have been laying a scratch track since the late 60s, so its all relative really.

So you pretty much made my day. This works flawlessly and didnt expect it too. Routed the output of this bank to an audio track for monitor capability. Sent that output to another on interface. No click to crowd. <3

• Darn. Nevermind. Doesn't work.

• Wait I don't need the extra audio track. Silly me.

• So still...thanks for this. This is great. Should be a tip/trick for sure!

• This needs to remain a request though for sure, output is very handy for metronome.

• @5pinlink said:
    This needs to remain a request though for sure, output is very handy for metronome.

+1 totally agree! Actually any output routings. I already love the fact that I can output banks to audio tracks, set them to solo/monitor and capture all them as audio direct to sequencer view. That makes editing a song so easy.