BeatMaker 2 latency delay when using blue tooth speakers

I have a delay when I hit the keys or pads when I’m using Bluetooth on beatmaker 2 for iphone

Comments

• edited December 2017

Bluetooth is no good for low latency audio use, unfortunately. I've heard the latency involved in encoding > transferring > decoding audio over bluetooth can range from 60ms-200ms, which is very noticeable and unacceptable for performance audio and DAW production.

The reason you don't notice it when watching videos (eg YouTube) is because the picture is automatically delayed 60-200ms to correspond with the audio lag.

Here's a good article on the basics: https://stephencoyle.net/latency

Bluetooth works great for midi controllers however ;)

• So there’s no way to adjust it?

• There is no buffer adjust available to any app when using Bluetooth, this goes for IOS or desktop, it is a consumer format when it comes to audio, that is unlikely to change any time soon either, WIFI audio is more likely.

• edited December 2017

@Biagiosworld said:
    So there’s no way to adjust it?

Sadly not. Some bluetooth devices are slightly quicker than others, but there will always be a 'delay' of about 100-200ms when you generate sound by tapping pads or keys in BM3 and other apps.

I would always recommend wired audio for music production and/or live performance purposes

• Thank you for letting me know though

• edited December 2017

I wonder if Apple realised they were sending a big 'F*** you' to iOS music makers when they chose to ditch the iPhone's 3.5mm socket in favour of the (overpriced and latency-ridden) wireless airpods?

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/5si5ke/airpods_latency_not_good_enough_for_playing_an/

Q: Do the latest iPads still have the 3.5mm socket?

• edited December 2017

@StudioES said:
    The latest 2017 iPads have the 3.5mm jack. Hopefully the 2018 iPads do as well, but we're talking apple here. >:)

I hope they don't plan on throttling iPads if their batteries are degraded!
    My iPad Mini 2's Battery Wear Level increased 5% in 10 days! And just 10 days ago I updated from iOS10.3.3 to iOS11.2! But the CPU is still functioning at 100%. I'm gonna keep watching this like a hawk. It still rocks with BM3 using samples, and a few well-optimized AUv3s, like Bram Bos, apeSoft, Amazing Noises, etc.

iOS 11.2 has made my mini 2 perform better than the day when I bought it. I wouldn’t worry about Apple doing anything to older iPads. They’ve learned from past mistakes. The iPhone 6 is something I don’t know much about but people shouldn’t buying expensive phones for music production in my opinion. A phone is for taking photos, accessing media, making calls and emails etc. Sure apps can run universally but this trend where people are demanding high performance daws to run on their phones makes me cringe.