Limited nuber of AU/IAA Plug-Ins?

Hi!

Just bumped into what I think is a 'bug'. I'm an 'app-o-holic' and have a LOT of apps installed on my iPad.
These consists of apps that can be IAA-Instruments/Generators as well as AUv3 Plug-Ins(Instruments, Effects & Midi).

What bothers me that in BM3 not all of these apps 'show up' while in other hosts have no problems seeing them!

Could it be that there is a hard coded limit as to how many Plug-Ins BM3 actually shows in the lists?

I have sent an e-mail to @mathieugarcie some time ago asking if there is a hard-coded limit but no reply yet so I thought I'd bump it here too. I know it's X-Mas time and all so no need for rush...

Comments

• Which apps are not showing for you?

• @philowerx said:
    Which apps are not showing for you?

At least 3 apps are missing from BM3's IAA list which can be 'seen' by other IAA hosts...
    iMPC Pro 2, Groove Rider and FM Player (These 3 show do up as IAA in AUM, AudioShare, Cubasis and just about any other app that can load IAAs I have on my iPad).

I do not know how the 'reset' BM3's plug-in cache (it does cache the plug-in names to speed up load times).
    One of the apps has the 'manufacturer' wrongly set (Pulse from Plusecode Inc) so it may be one of the causes.

It's no biggie but I would prefer to use those apps directly in BM3 rather than going thru AUM...

• @samu said:

@philowerx said:
    Which apps are not showing for you?

At least 3 apps are missing from BM3's IAA list which can be 'seen' by other IAA hosts...
    iMPC Pro 2, Groove Rider and FM Player (These 3 show do up as IAA in AUM, AudioShare, Cubasis and just about any other app that can load IAAs I have on my iPad).

I do not know how the 'reset' BM3's plug-in cache (it does cache the plug-in names to speed up load times).
    One of the apps has the 'manufacturer' wrongly set (Pulse from Plusecode Inc) so it may be one of the causes.

It's no biggie but I would prefer to use those apps directly in BM3 rather than going thru AUM...

+1 for a plugins scan/reset plugin cache maybe in BM3 ios settings? Reset prefs in there doesn't seem to do anything for me. Does anyone else notice this? I'm not sure if this will fix your issue. It doesn't give any sort of notifcation or clarification as to what prefs is.

• edited December 2017

@samu Thanks, good to know. I currently don't have any of those but I can understand wanting to open them directly in BM3. I'm curious, do they show up in BM2?
    *edit: I downloaded FM Player because it's free. It opens as an IAA in BM2 but as soon as I start BM2's transport FM Player goes offline. I can reconnect but then it goes offline again as soon as BM2's transport starts. I can load FM Player into BM3 as an IAA also but it also loses contact. I'm on iOS 10.3 2017 9.7" iPad.

• edited December 2017

@philowerx said:
    @samu Thanks, good to know. I currently don't have any of those but I can understand wanting to open them directly in BM3. I'm curious, do they show up in BM2?

Don't have BM2 installed at the moment, but they do show up in Cubasis, AUM, AudioShare, iMPC Pro 1 & 2 (and they can see each other), Yamaha MMS and just about any other 'host' I have but not BM3 :(

I do feel this is a 'glitch' in the plug-in caching that is implemented in BM3...
    (I've tried with both the release version and the latest beta of BM3, same in both).

There is something 'fishy' about the way BM3 handles plug-ins.
    I mean the Apple AUv3's show up under IAA Plug-Ins...

• i have lots and lots of plugins too.
    Both impc2 and Fm player appear in the list but Grooverider is also missing from the list and this is my very acquisition. Maybe there’s a limit. But it’s something hard to find as some plugin are in alphabetical order but appear classed by company.

• edited December 2017

@jeezs said:
    i have lots and lots of plugins too.
    Both impc2 and Fm player appear in the list but Grooverider is also missing from the list and this is my very acquisition. Maybe there’s a limit. But it’s something hard to find as some plugin are in alphabetical order but appear classed by company.

I'm not crazy about the classed by company thing either. When I want to find an app with the exception of Bram Bos or Moog, I rarely remember the company name and with IAA plugins it starts app name alphabetical then switches to company name making it really hard to locate. I have so many plugins I really wish there was a search function at the top of plugin list.

• Hey!

Probably an issue with sorting / manufacturer. I'll check that.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.