filter slope?

edited December 2017 in Support

Does anybody know the filter slope BeatMaker 3 uses for it's included fx such as the 6-band EQ, sv-filter 1, or any effect that has LPF/HPF parameter? Is it 6db, 12db? Don't think it's 18 or 24. I'd see the graph very steep if it were those. The reason I ask is if they stack in the chain (and I don't know if they do) then it would take 4 fx to get a 24db gain reduction below the cutoff at whatever freq I set given it was a 6db slope. Does anyone know if the filter db slope for cutoff duplicates per effect per parameter. Or is it just identical? I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right. Sorry if I'm wrong in how this functions.

Comments

• To me they sound 12db which would make sense because cookbook code SV is 12db, i'm guessing they used that for these basic filters.

If you place two 12db filters in series they combine to make a 24db filter, just link the controls to the same macro to get a 24db (this is what i did in the everybody loves a 303 video)

Hopefully in the future when features and bugs are a bit more settled we will get a nice 24db ladder and a formant too, maybe others.

• @5pinlink said:
    To me they sound 12db which would make sense because cookbook code SV is 12db, i'm guessing they used that for these basic filters.

If you place two 12db filters in series they combine to make a 24db filter, just link the controls to the same macro to get a 24db (this is what i did in the everybody loves a 303 video)

Hopefully in the future when features and bugs are a bit more settled we will get a nice 24db ladder and a formant too, maybe others.

Appreciate this. Alot.

• I did not know that, @5pinlink thanks for sharing that.