Automation only works if bank is selected

Zeeon is on Bank A and Rozeta LFO on Bank B. Rozeta modulates the filter cutoff on Zeeon via a macro. It’s only effective if i remain on the bank with Zeeon. I’d like to think I’ve tried every coceivable midi configuration. I’ve been using BM3 a while now. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Using a focus action ?

• Yes

@5pinlink said:
    Using a focus action ?

• I tried that earlier @StudioES , but was befuddled cause that setup repeatedly crashed BM3. But now that i read your comment about “Problem is you can’t simultaneously use bassline or other midi devices to drive Zeeon”, it does make sense because i was also using Quantum to drive Zeeon, thus the crashing.

No problem. I’m actually glad cause this will force me to move forward and record the audio! 😄

Focus Actions = Bank that is in Focus. Wow. I can’t believe I never put 2 and 2 together to figure that one. “Dough!”

Thanks dudes

• @Blipsford Baubie said:
    I tried that earlier @StudioES , but was befuddled cause that setup repeatedly crashed BM3. But now that i read your comment about “Problem is you can’t simultaneously use bassline or other midi devices to drive Zeeon”, it does make sense because i was also using Quantum to drive Zeeon, thus the crashing.

No problem. I’m actually glad cause this will force me to move forward and record the audio! 😄

Focus Actions = Bank that is in Focus. Wow. I can’t believe I never put 2 and 2 together to figure that one. “Dough!”

Thanks dudes

+1 for more macros or global midi learn. Especially on sends. Lol!

• Strangely enough Rozetta doesn't have MIDI thru in its plugins, is that by design @brambos ?

• @5pinlink said:
    Strangely enough Rozetta doesn't have MIDI thru in its plugins, is that by design @brambos ?

Indeed it is. Since MIDI is used for ‘control’ purposes, such as transposing and changing patterns, you don’t want to hear these MIDI notes going through.

• @brambos, sorry, havent used the LFO much because it isnt that useful in BM3 until BM gets better CC usage, is MIDI note passed thru on that one, or is it used for some other control purpose ?

• @brambos only had little play with rozeta but enjoying it in BM3. Some useable workarounds for stuff that's not built-in to BM3 yet and some interesting creative applications. One thing tho, is it possible to trigger the arpeggio and the bassline sequencer via midi keys trigger/gate? Without BM3 sequencer running?

Sometimes I use BM3 as a sound design environment and want to 'play' stuff just as improv performance or in to desktop daw or hardware samplers etc. Not possible atm from what I could tell, as I have to run the BM3 sequencer and that = sequence/arpeggio permanently 'on'. Am I missing a trick? Will have another go at it later today.

Cheers!