Deleted

edited March 2018 in Feature Requests

Deleted

Comments

• Perrrleeeeasse! +10000000

• edited March 2018

Deleted

• edited December 2017

@kkcoote just making sure I fully understand what you're trying to do.

You have a very long pattern like 32 bars?
    It is normally not on the song timeline?
    You want to hear a specific bar amount of your pattern looped?

• this is needed @Heyez how you finding Grooverider? the update is good.

• edited March 2018

Deleted

• @kkcoote I understand you. I was more so trying to make sure your pattern was not selected in track helper. Many do not realize that a pattern when created and selected in track helper is actually directly tied to scene mode which has no loop brace. If you choose playing song without the pattern being drawn into song timeline is just playing the pattern along anything that is placed in the sequencer view. If your pattern is dragged into the song timeline then I would expect the loop braces or transport forward/backward controls to work while viewing the pattern editor. If it doesn't do that, then that would be a true flaw in design.

• @kkcoote but I see your request is play head positioning (a tap or loop brace in the pattern editor). I don't know how they would implement this as i believe pattern editor was designed with scene view in mind. The transport forward backward loop brace and song song stop behavior all work while viewing a pattern that is actively on the sequencer timeline view. You just can't create a new loop brace while viewing it. There are definitely some quirks and I agree with you in the needed implementation, but your workaround read in a way that seemed like you were doing too much work. Trying to figure out how to save you some steps. :)

• @kkcoote Beatmaker 3 is in some ways like a hybrid of Ableton in design. A bank is the equivalent of a track and/or group of tracks. A pattern is the equivalent of an ableton clip. When a pattern is selected it uses scene mode (in ableton this is called session View). If your viewing the song timeline in sequencer View (this is the equivalent of ableton arrangement View). It all seems to function very similarly minus the fact ableton doesn’t have “pads” as independent tracks like Beatmaker 3 does. Because of this, a good portion of people may be unfamiliar with Beatmaker 3 and/or Ableton versus a traditional track view setup like Cubasis, Auria or traditional desktop DAWs. Some sort of loop brace for patterns would be nice, but that would require an independent pattern editor I think. Intua and @mathieugarcia are very clever. Maybe they can find a solution for you.

• @kkcoote sorry for all the thread posts. I really care about helping. Lol. I'll try to make a video for ya that will cut down headaches.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

@triton100 said:
    This is a big time flow and time killer for all the reasons stated.

Not too bad. You just use the pattern edit option in song view.

EDIT: After all, you are building songs are you not?

• edited January 2018

@triton100 @kkcoote

Edit: You can also set a higher grid setting to move about the timeline quicker without waiting for the green arrow to trigger. The loop with show in the pattern, stop behavior in settings works, transport forward/backward works, and if you push (SONG) you can also set a new loop brace by swiping your finger and then going right back into the pattern editor. :). Hope this helps.

• The pattern tab works too. SONG, SCENE, PATTERN

• edited January 2018

@mefisme said:
    The pattern tab works too. SONG, SCENE, PATTERN

And with this I found two bugs that @mathieugarcia can fix to make the window state save the location you’re working in. By this I mean when switching the tabs with SONG SCENE PATTERN. It only remembers the location you were editing once. Switching back to song view and back into the pattern edit resets back to the beginning of the pattern. Can we get this fixed?

EDIT: there’s actually too small window state bugs here. The jump back to the beginning of the pattern when bouncing between Song/Pattern tab AND if you select in any order pattern midi/pattern automations and then turn the section off bouncing back to song and then back to pattern turns on pattern midi every time.

• What if the pattern editor popped out below the selected track in song view, so you could use the transport and loop functions there while editing the pattern, much like in Ableton. The pattern editing window would only be slightly smaller than the full page view. Perhaps a button to toggle full screen pattern editor if desired?

• @ronji said:
    What if the pattern editor popped out below the selected track in song view, so you could use the transport and loop functions there while editing the pattern, much like in Ableton. The pattern editing window would only be slightly smaller than the full page view. Perhaps a button to toggle full screen pattern editor if desired?

Pattern above, song below would make more sense to me personally.

• @ronji said:
    What if the pattern editor popped out below the selected track in song view, so you could use the transport and loop functions there while editing the pattern, much like in Ableton. The pattern editing window would only be slightly smaller than the full page view. Perhaps a button to toggle full screen pattern editor if desired?

Might be straight up best idea ever!

• edited January 2018

@ronji If the two bugs get fixed it’s not bad at all to bounce between song and pattern. We wouldn’t necessarily need a full screen/non full screen option. Although that idea is killer. I really need to post a video of these bugs and how to edit patterns in song view. Lol.

• @beatmakerstorm said:
    this is needed @Heyez how you finding Grooverider? the update is good.

Really good app! Based on electribe but feels quite 'Elektron'. Got a few ideas cooking on it but been too manic for music lately. Haven't even had time to get a Xmas jam together for the comp on here :( Hopefully find some time for both this week....

• @ronji said:

+1. Yes! @mathieugarcia this is actually better than just being able to move the play head cursor in pattern edit view. This would be more in line with most other Daws where it's possible/standard to have simultaneous windows for things like this and fluidly work between the two. Cubasis us great at this. Would be stoked to see this implemented.

But yeah, also enable play head position in pattern edit fullscreen if possible ;)

implemented in whichever order is easiest to code and/or makes sense in the intua masterplan :)

• 100% agreed

• @triton100 I need to check it out more. Haven't had chance since 1st session. Seemed cool though. Some nice Elektron type features. AU in BM3 would be the promised land ;)

The phone version of GR16 interests me, need to install it and have a look... Could be pretty cool with a cheapish controller if gr midi is thorough. Almost like a £100 electribe/digitakt hybrid ;)

• edited January 2018

Not sure i agree with split display as a fix for this, i can see its value, but a full screen piano roll (what we have now) vs a half screen piano roll is no fix in my book, good option yes, but a full screen piano roll with playback position is also needed.
    Removing features to fix flaws is poor design.

• Intua should just totally replicate the cubasis way of doing it imo. Split Windows that expand. Just feels really 'right' to me.

• As long as the expanded window has playhead too, personally i think the way it is now is perfect if it had an actual playhead in the step editor and piano roll.

• Split view will also really start to make sense when audio tracks become more appealing. Being able to to click any midi/audio clip and the bottom window switch between pattern editor and audio editor would be soooo much better than switching back and forth between timeline view, pattern view, timeline view, audio view, timeline view... And so on ;)

• Also, when I think about it, I do a ton of midi editing on desktop but I hardly EVER fullscreen the midi editor in Sonar or Ableton. I don't think I would in BM3 either if it had split view. Maybe occasionally, but 95% of time i guess it just isn't necessary to me. Of course Ymmv and I might be in minority here.