Resampling the Master Output on Audio Tracks? (IMPLEMENTED 3.09)

edited February 2018 in Feature Requests

@mathieugarcia It would be totally dope. Pretty please? LOL. Unless of course I can somehow already do this then I don’t know how. Am I able to create a secondary master by choosing a different output on my audio interface and then send the outputs to banks/pads and aux effects To that output? Will it show up in internal input then? It’s only banks right now.

Comments

• edited December 2017

Come to think there is no point in this for most, but I’m trying to capture a performance in real time. I can record the automations so I guess that works, but I can’t move away from the audio tracks and into anything else. I can set solo/mon on audio tracks to only here their output, but it still alleviates me from movement. I’m just wanting to get input from the master/alternate output on an audio track so I can record the automations from the banks instead of the audio tracks.

• edited January 2018

If you have Limiter by Amazing Noises you can insert it in the master output as an IAA and use its recording function to record the output.

Edit: Originally, by mistake, I suggested that you can use Limiter as an AU.

• edited December 2017

Sometimes I host BM3 in Audioshare (or AUM, playing a backing track) and record it there.

• edited December 2017

• @branis said:
    If you have Limiter by Amazing Noises you can insert it in the master output as an AU and use its recording function to record the output.

I have done this with their Daedelus and I think Turnado as well.

• Done, available in 3.0.9, as well as using other audio and AUX tracks as inputs.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Done, available in 3.0.9, as well as using other audio and AUX tracks as inputs.

Wow! You are killing it! This literally will speed workflow up tremendously for many and keeps users self-contained in BeatMaker 3. This is a big one @Audiogus @branis !!!

• edited December 2017

@branis said:
    If you have Limiter by Amazing Noises you can insert it in the master output as an AU and use its recording function to record the output.

@branis will try this for sure too - good tip though i think @mefisme means recording internally to bm3 audio tracks in real time -

• @beatmakerstorm said:

@branis said:

@branis will try this for sure too - good tip though i think @mefisme means recording internally to bm3 audio tracks in real time -

Yep. Capture recorded/non recorded automations without recording automations, capture an aux effect send only or blended signals. The whole nine yards. I had been doing this with pads to capture the master output of a pad I was compressing to another pad. With this you’ll even be able to setup a proper monitor mix if you have an audio interface with multiple outputs. This is got me really excited for audio in BM3.

• In fact, have to let @panoramica know. He might appreciate this coming in 3.09.

• @mefisme said:
    In fact, have to let @panoramica know. He might appreciate this coming in 3.09.

@mefisme Was a very useful suggestion - nice one .

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Done, available in 3.0.9, as well as using other audio and AUX tracks as inputs.

Amazing work again by a true developer! (Now we all kneebend to the lord and say in a choir: We not worth it)...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@mathieugarcia said:

Amazing work again by a true developer! (Now we all kneebend to the lord and say in a choir: We not worth it)...

Wayne’s world. Party time!

• How did you succeed to record with amazing noise’s limiter in AU mode, in this mode there’s no record option. Can someone help?

• @jeezs said:
    How did you succeed to record with amazing noise’s limiter in AU mode, in this mode there’s no record option. Can someone help?

Hmmm, Dedalus record shows up in IAA mode. Would IAA not work for you?

• edited January 2018

I thought Ican finally capture GarageBand tracks inserting an au effect.
    Sadly Not this time.

• @jeezs said:
    I thought Ican finally capture GarageBand tracks inserting an au effect.
    Sadly Not this time.

Apple wants everything self contained it seems. Use GarageBand for their AUs, no output option, etc.

• When it comes to Garageband I just export the audio straight into a folder inside BM3 thanks to the Files.app integration...

• @jeezs said:
    How did you succeed to record with amazing noise’s limiter in AU mode, in this mode there’s no record option. Can someone help?

Sorry for the confusion, my bad. You need to load it as IAA for the record functionality.

• @mathieugarcia said:

Love it. thanks Matthieu!