please support measurement mode

greetings. please support the enabling of measurement mode for optimal headphone output, as does AUM and Auria... cheers

Comments

• Surprised this hasn't already been asked for, definitely agree on this.

• Mentioned it during the initial beta but it hasn't yet been implemented for some reason unknown to me.

Our iOS devices also have more than one microphone (iPad Air 2 has 3) and some of the more recent apps/effects allows us to pick which one of them to use for the recording. The signal from just one of these is a lot cleaner than the result of all 3 mics summed and processed by iOS into a stream consisting of what iOS thinks is 'correct'.

When using external audio-devices the measurement mode has no effect what so ever...

Disabling 'iOS Processing' also reduces the latency when using the built-in speakers.

• @samu said:
    Mentioned it during the initial beta but it hasn't yet been implemented for some reason unknown to me.

Our iOS devices also have more than one microphone (iPad Air 2 has 3) and some of the more recent apps/effects allows us to pick which one of them to use for the recording. The signal from just one of these is a lot cleaner than the result of all 3 mics summed and processed by iOS into a stream consisting of what iOS thinks is 'correct'.

When using external audio-devices the measurement mode has no effect what so ever...

Disabling 'iOS Processing' also reduces the latency when using the built-in speakers.

Ive never used this as you have described above it is not needed with external audio interfaces. But this is needed I think. The headphone out can overcompensate your perception of gain levels correct? Isn't this was measurement mode is? Just trying to learn.

• @mefisme said:
    The headphone out can overcompensate your perception of gain levels correct? Isn't this was measurement mode is? Just trying to learn.

Yes, that's the case. The output is also processed to maximise the levels to the built-in speakers by boosting certain frequencies. This is very noticeable when using for example the Model 15 app in the iPad with built-in speakers...

If there was a 'system wide setting' to disable iOS processing people would start complaining over the low volume of the speakers...

• @samu said:

@mefisme said:
    The headphone out can overcompensate your perception of gain levels correct? Isn't this was measurement mode is? Just trying to learn.

Yes, that's the case. The output is also processed to maximise the levels to the built-in speakers by boosting certain frequencies. This is very noticeable when using for example the Model 15 app in the iPad with built-in speakers...

If there was a 'system wide setting' to disable iOS processing people would start complaining over the low volume of the speakers...

I've had this experience of effect when mixing I forgot I wasn't using my external audio interface. Big difference. More than marginal in my errors.

• edited January 2018

This is on all Apple mobile devices now, it is much much worse on the Macbook Pro and Air i have too, we definitely need this at some point for sure.

• Done, coming in 3.0.9 (Settings > AUDIO & MIDI DEVICES).

• Seriiusly, 3.0.9 has mad feature creep, should be 3.1 !!!