BM3 Xmas Beat Battle 01 Ends Jan 9th

Comments

• I’m inclined to put it down to a fail, eBay the damn Roland and give it to charity lol, that’s me done with beat battles in future hahaha

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

Yeah charity, time of giving and all that ;)
    Can’t really call it a comp with one entry lol

• edited January 2018

My bet* is we'll have at least 5 entries by Sunday evening, with another 2-3 by Tues/Weds if we extend the deadline

(*don't let us down everyone!)

p.s. I'm prepping the January battle rules so we can start that one soon. Prepare for something a bit different ;)

• edited January 2018

Well i spent an hour since i last posted in this thread, i made an entry, screw it, its crap i don't care, i had no headphones or speakers, i don't care, but if everybody bails, i get a Zeeon by default, and that is good enough for me :)
    (PS the drums are the Amen Modern kit in resources, only good bit in this POS haha)
    If i can do an entry in an hour (And i am about as musical as a dead rat that was run over by a bus load of dead cats being remote controlled by a deaf blind man) then anybody can do an entry !!!

• edited January 2018

Thanks @5pinlink

If your speech -and submission- doesn't motivate people.. then nothing will ;)

Now back to work on my track, which is already sounding like a dead hedgehog run over by a milk float drven by Jimmy Krankie...

(Krankie photo removed to avoid further nightmares)

• edited January 2018

Love it Dean!

@5pinlink is really hoping your new entry is not as impressive as the last one... international shipping for the Roland A-01 would be a bitch!

• @5pinlink said:
    Well i spent an hour since i last posted in this thread, i made an entry, screw it, its crap i don't care, i had no headphones or speakers, i don't care, but if everybody bails, i get a Zeeon by default, and that is good enough for me :)
    (PS the drums are the Amen Modern kit in resources, only good bit in this POS haha)
    If i can do an entry in an hour (And i am about as musical as a dead rat that was run over by a bus load of dead cats being remote controlled by a deaf blind man) then anybody can do an entry !!!

I almost used that EXACT same sample for my jam too! Easy the best Xmas hook. Or at least the darkest..

Hoping to get track done over wknd..

• I almost remixed Carol of the bells too =D

• edited January 2018

I am in the middle of moving houses right now -- my entire studio is broken down and packed to move across town this weekend. This was done on headphones late last night and this morning.

The "female bong bong / bells sample chops" are from "They Might Be Giants - The Bells Are Ringing"

I recorded my vocals with a Blue Yeti USB Mic directly into Beatmaker 3.

Souncloud has started converting tracks to 64kbps, so it doesn't sound too great... Or maybe that's because I mixed it on headphones... ;)

• edited January 2018

@DeanDaughters .... < insert any dramatic clapping gif you’ve ever seen here >

• Dean had laid down the gauntlet!!

Excited to see who is up next.

Great track @DeanDaughters

• @ronji - Awwwwwww, wow man - thank you! That is very kind :D

• @DeanDaughters Mad skillzzzzzzzzzz. Yo yo come on get next to me!!!!! ❤️

• Thanks guys!! :) :) :D

• Hey Dean, I also got BM3 under the Christmas tree :D :D
    That's fantastic, with a special mention for putting your voice on ❤️

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What's the concensus on extending the deadline to 9 January?

That would be the final cutoff for all entries.

• edited January 2018

Not enough entries to call it a competition, so either that or call it off entirely, give the stuff to charity.
    But i wont be bothering with this again, thats for sure lol.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @5pinlink I'm sure nobody would mind if you want to withdraw the A-01 due to lack of entries... Honestly I think it's simply down nothing other than family commitments over the Xmas period.

The apps alone are motivation for everyone, and I'm confident many of the regulars are working on tracks for submission over the following few days... @ronji @Heyez @triton100 and me (@tk32) just to name 4.

• Yup, when I get home from my morning date with the wife I'll be working on finishing my sub

• @tk32 said:
    @5pinlink I'm sure nobody would mind if you want to withdraw the A-01 due to lack of entries...

Oooif no, that would be a real little skank move, if the comp is running, the prizes are staying.

• Cool.

Let's hope we can make you proud over the final few days

• So I am just throwing an honest and hopefully not a jerk question. Is it fair to extend a deadline when other folks who have already submitted were working possibly on a shorter timeframe?

• Good question. I suppose they could always resubmit a more polished version in time for 9th January.

But TBH, everyone has had over a month since the competition launched

• Ive given up to be honest, as far as im concerned i wont be involved in any more beat battles here lol

• Not sure what I can say to make you feel better about this @5pinlink (though I am trying)

I really hoped there would be a much higher level of engagement than there has been so far, but even I've had trouble this last month... and that's speaking as someone who entered all 3 previous battles.

Just an idea, but perhaps it would be easier to keep prizes out of it in future -- otherwise a poor turnout can end up feeling shitty for the person who generously donates prizes for the good of the BM3 community.