BM3 Xmas Beat Battle 01 Ends Jan 9th

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Here's a little bonus track from me (just for a laugh) whilst I was stuck on a train today...

TK32 presents 'Steeleye Scam'

(I'm not trying to cheat with 2 entries btw)

• edited January 2018

@5pinlink #Motivation right there. LOL. Don't give up on the contests yet. Maybe there are a few more entries on the way? Good luck everyone and Happy New Year!

• edited January 2018

@DeanDaughters Sounds good to me. Good luck!

• edited January 2018

@ronji Wasn't expecting that drop. Dope mix! Good luck!

• @denx Nice. What is that vocal sample? Is that you?

• @Sygma Nice! I like the synth work. Good luck!

• @tk32 Thanks for sharing. I've always wondered why (and if) a country could employ homeless people. Like, just enroll them in the military and provide them with food and shelter. Maybe just me thinking wrongly out loud.

Great entry though. Good luck!

• @tk32 Interesting mix. LOL. Where are those vocals from?

• @dafingaz said:
    @tk32 Interesting mix. LOL. Where are those vocals from?

Thanks - I think ;)

Steeleye Span - Gaudete

A Christmas song that seems to be more well known in the UK than elsewhere (This was ripped from the live version)

• @dafingaz said:
    @denx Nice. What is that vocal sample? Is that you?

Thanks, I’m afraid that’s me indeed!

• @DeanDaughters said:
    @denx - This is all kinds of creative! :) Like the bells in the outro, too! :)

Thank you very much, appreciate your kind comments!

• Next time xmas competition needs to be the month before xmas, so finishes before xmas.

• @tk32 thats sick as flook, loving the matrixian vibe.

• @dafingaz said:
    @Sygma Nice! I like the synth work. Good luck!

Thank you for the kind words ;)

• So I'm assuming we are following UK time for the battle. Which means I have to finish my entry by 6pm US CST tomorrow. Gonna be close.

• edited January 2018

@mefisme
    We always wait for 12am PST, so it's fair for everyone :)

Means you have 6 hours longer than you thought, buddy.

• @tk32 said:
    @mefisme
    We always wait for 12am PST, so it's fair for everyone :)

Means you have 6 hours longer than you thought, buddy.

I'll probably get it done then as a general basic song. thanks to the extra 6 hours! Not too many BM3 effect show offs. Song arrangement skeleton is done. Instruments and melodies about done. Vocals aren't and other flashies. We will see. This is really challenging... but fun last minute honestly.

• @mefisme said: We will see. This is really challenging... but fun last minute honestly.

:)

• @DeanDaughters if I could just get BM3 to stop crashing Everytime I use the cutting tool maybe I could submit my entry. I'm about to back out of this battle and just upload the song next year when no one cares. Sorry. Getting extremely frustrated. Trying to laugh it off. Lol!

• Bugs are part of the challenge @mefisme - we all experience them from time to time ;)

It's only by actually using BM3 —and pushing it's limits— that we can help uncover the remaining bugs for the developers to squash.

FYI, I had one crash and had to do 5 force quits to finish my track, but thankfully the community have already tracked down the likely triggers and @mathieugarcia will have it fixed soon (if not already)

• edited January 2018

@tk32 said:
    Bugs are part of the challenge @mefisme - we all experience them from time to time ;)

It's only by actually using BM3 —and pushing it's limits— that we can help uncover the remaining bugs for the developers to squash.

FYI, I had one crash and had to do 5 force quits to finish my track, but thankfully the community have already tracked down the likely triggers and @mathieugarcia will have it fixed soon (if not already)

Yeah I'm not complaining. You're right about it pushing BM3 and exposing things. This has been fun. I'll have it posted rather late but in time before 12am PST. Getting a laugh out of this one.

• edited January 2018

Here's another little silly track I made on the way home from work today...

...btw I was on the train, not driving ;)

• I'm waiting on a couple things before voting:
    Is it too late for @mefisme And @triton100 ?
    Does @tk32 Get one submission or three? 😂
    A poll in the vote thread

• @mefisme and @triton100 are having real issues with bugs n crashing so they get some leeway.

If you vote for any of tk32 it all goes to one total, he put in the extra effort, its only fair that gets taken in to account.

No poll, im not having people who cant be bothered to/never post trying to skew the results.

I hope that all sounds fair, the two late guys are having real issues @triton100 in particular is having a real panic and BM3 simply isnt running at all for him :(

• Sounds fair to me! Here’s hoping the issues get worked out for those two so they can get their submissions done.

• No worries, it’s Xmas <3