Question about hardware support

Hello hello everyone I would like to ask you if someone is already trying new machine MK3 on BM3 ? I think that maschine mk3 is class complient but I don t know if we can use it as controller ?

I buy a mpc live and I have to admit that BM3 is much more easy to use for live performance !

Now I m trying to find THE controller ...

Any other solution ?

Comments

• MK3 is not class compliant, that is BS marketing by NI, the built in audio interface (which is not that good) is class compliant, Maschine itself is not and needs to be connected to a desktop to work.

• Like traktor, NI s*cks

• What a shame because it would the perfect standalone combination ...

• Nah the perfect standalone is Push 2 because it is completely open.

• I didn’t kwow

• @5pinlink said:
    MK3 is not class compliant, that is BS marketing by NI, the built in audio interface (which is not that good) is class compliant, Maschine itself is not and needs to be connected to a desktop to work.

It could be if they wanted but you are right. NI in the best of scenarios will update iMaschine to make it compatible (like z1 and Traktor dj) but nothing else.

ITOH Mpc live and BM3 are a winner combo IMHO.

• If you have a mac, you could send MIDI via bluetooth(or regular 5din midi cable, or thru lightning cable) to ipad. I tried this with maschine mki and bm3 and it worked great. Setting up bluetooth midi and software on computer is quite a hassle to do every time tho.

• @dubbylabby said:

@5pinlink said:
    MK3 is not class compliant, that is BS marketing by NI, the built in audio interface (which is not that good) is class compliant, Maschine itself is not and needs to be connected to a desktop to work.

It could be if they wanted but you are right. NI in the best of scenarios will update iMaschine to make it compatible (like z1 and Traktor dj) but nothing else.

ITOH ? IMHO ?

• @Tomes said:
    If you have a mac, you could send MIDI via bluetooth(or regular 5din midi cable, or thru lightning cable) to ipad. I tried this with maschine mki and bm3 and it worked great. Setting up bluetooth midi and software on computer is quite a hassle to do every time tho.

The thing to have something without computer

• @znomusic said:

@dubbylabby said:

@5pinlink said:

ITOH ? IMHO ?

In The Other Hand
    In My Humble Opinion

• Hahhhhh ok :)

• edited January 2018

The MPC X would have been a killer controller if it werent for the screen and terrible on board computer making the price so steep, they should do an MPC X le or something, that would kick ass.

• I'm going to find an industrial designer that can manufacture a controller with BM3 in mind. Lol.

• Its actually not that hard with an Arduino, there is an amazing course that costs $99 i think, that runs you through the entire electronics side.

• And the Mpc studio ? Anyone has try ?

• MPC studio is not very good as a MIDI controller, it like Maschine is too connected to the software.
    Look at MPD from Akai if you want their pads.

I’m kind of interested in Morph at the moment, want to see how that feels.
    https://sensel.com/pages/morph

• Seems great but not for the rotary commands I’m my opinion :)

• Like i said, MPC studio is no use, look at MPD instead.

• Thank you for the info, that’s nice to find someone who knows this kind of info :)

• https://github.com/Drachenkaetzchen/cabl/tree/develop/doc/hardware/maschine-mk3

Maschine protocols. I can’t remember if I linked this before...