serious and dangerous bug : audio cracks when using Macro on AU instruments

I tested this with several AU instrument plugin (Troublemaker, Addictive Pro, Phasemaker...) : first I set my own Macros. But when BM3 is playing, as soon as I use a Macro, I have big audio « cracks » (can’t remember the proper word, sorry). And when I record a Macro automation for the AU plugin (with audio cracks when I do it) then start playing my sequence, the sound is correct before the portion with the recorded Macro automation, then the audio cracks begin when the playhead approaches the automated part, sometimes the sequence is slowed with big jerks.
It’s the first time I use and build my own Macros. I began with Troublemaker and at first I thought the problem came from it. But then I set my Macros for other AU plugins and each time I have these big audio cracks and jerks.
Is this a known issue or am I the first and only one experiencing it? If so I will be glad to post a video because I think it’s a huge serious issue ! Thank you for your feedbacks

Comments

• edited January 2018

Reported here
    https://intua.net/forums/discussion/4667/au-audio-glitches-using-macro-knobs#latest

Personally i cant use macro automation on Troublemaker at all, just kills the sound and i have to restart BM3, havent tried anybother AU.

• @5pinlink said:
    Reported here
    https://intua.net/forums/discussion/4667/au-audio-glitches-using-macro-knobs#latest

Personally i cant use macro automation on Troublemaker at all, just kills the sound and i have to restart BM3, havent tried anybother AU.

Ok, at least it’s not just me... But it’s a bit of a disappointment, I’m working on my first serious project and I was building some Macros and then I have this bug... I agree with you about Troublemaker, it’s a plugin which doesn’t really need Macro. Speaking of Troublemaker, another weird thing is the AU knobs window : their behavior is strange, they seem to resist when you want to use them, it’s like they are already mapped. More, when you move the knobs, the parameters only move to 0, and then stay stucked like this. If you want a normal behavior you have to remap the whole thing...
    But for other AU instruments like iSEM or Addictive Pro, with lots of parameters, Macros are interesting, even for editing purpose. I hope this issue will be fixed with the next update.

• This bug has been around a while, yes? Is it something we should assume can't be fixed/won't be fixed anytime soon? I love the app and all it can do, but if this won't ever work I should be looking for an alternative.

• @cyril777
    These cpu spikes are the reason I've avoided macros full stop. Luckily most parameters can be automated directly (including troublemaker) so this only really affects (a) live performance and (b) if you want to control multiple parameters with one macro dial.