Would love to see and option to buy a ‘pro mode’ or ‘advanced mode’

The full power of elastique engine combo’d with the addition of parameter locks in the sequencer ....would be a thing of unbelievable joy...

And don’t get me started on a sonogram style editor with a few art tools...to rx edit to some degree

That’s like having the best sampler ever made

It’s like the mpclive+exs+iris2+octatrack
One can dream

Comments

• Elastique pro would certainly be nice. On PC I sometimes use ‘efficient’ for the certain grainy character it has but for the most part pro wins out for more seamless surgeries.

• Add in low quality windowed timestretch too (Akai)
    But yeah £20 or £30 for an Elastique pro IAP, i would be in, but i doubt most would (this is IOS, the land of "OMG it costs £10, OMG these thieves are making me pay for an update, i paid £5 for this only two years ago" both real quotes from audiobums forum)

So an IAP is unlikely because Intua will end up paying for it anyway :(

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Unfortunately @triton100 we are not the norm just yet on IOS, paying developers for their work is not as important as “I have a new plugin I will hardly ever use and it cost less than a Big Mac yayyyyyyyyy”

• @5pinlink said:
    Unfortunately @triton100 we are not the norm just yet on IOS, paying developers for their work is not as important as “I have a new plugin I will hardly ever use and it cost less than a Big Mac yayyyyyyyyy”

Just wait until the norm is to be like me, paying devs for their work AND buying all kinds of stuff I never use :joy:

• edited January 2018

Developers are just as much to blame, once you set a standard you can’t blame people for acting spoilt, will take a lot to change the IOS eco system now.

• It’s true. This isn’t BM3 infancy. It’s iOS infancy.

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • For what it’s worth I’m only talking about iPad, should have said that rather than IOS.

• edited January 2018

@5pinlink said:
    Add in low quality windowed timestretch too (Akai)
    But yeah £20 or £30 for an Elastique pro IAP, i would be in, but i doubt most would (this is IOS, the land of "OMG it costs £10, OMG these thieves are making me pay for an update, i paid £5 for this only two years ago" both real quotes from audiobums forum)

So an IAP is unlikely because Intua will end up paying for it anyway :(

I'd probably pay £30 for a pro Elastique algorithm upgrade if the update boosted that whole time manipulation aspect up to 'pro' standard in BM3. Ie Warp Markers, Browser audition bpm sync with divisions, timestrech + reverse simultaneously, sample speed param that had 'fast reverse > fast forward' value travel, automated/modulated granular style possibilities, 'auto strech on import' options, auto warp entire session to bpm... Etc......Not only a better algorithm for timestrech ;) These things should really be in there (at some point) as standard though in a competitive modern daw... Not IAP.

IAP leaves a funny taste in my mouth generally (for the quite minor features or glaring omissions that some devs use them for) but having bought BM3 at the intro price I'd happily throw down some more bucks for intua. It was an absolute steal at the intro price.

Easy to say that ios apps are too cheap but people seem to forget stuff like Reaper when they're making these calculations..which has all of the above. Not to mention all the cheap, free or open source software available on desktop. Seems equally valid in many cases to say that some desktop software is just too expensive ;)

And theres the fact that people pay for ios apps at all... Dunno the 'cracked vs legit' usage stats for desktop but it's gotta be in the 50/50 kind of range? Especially for the lesser known devs/plugins that the more 'serious' producers/studios (who pay for software..) often totally ignore. How many teenagers are going to save £120 for something like Satin if they have a friend saying, 'yo, I have this killer tape sim, you want me to send you the install rar?'... And to be able to charge pro prices for pro apps and have pros/serious dudes that spend that kind of money be more enthusiastic to use ios over desktop or laptop.. the whole platform needs to stand up to desktop/laptop... Not only in the overall quality/depth of ios apps but also in the quality of ios general workflow/options/flexibility. Which is down to apple and all devs in unison to refine... Like if a pro/serious producer wanted to use BM3 but also wanted to use Fabfilter.... Not even possible. Or they wanted to use BM3 + Cubasis+ apps like idensity, gr16 and Fieldscaper and have a shared sample folder for use across those apps... Not possible. Or simply drag a sample/clip from daw timeline to a plugin... Not possible.... Or record audio in to an AU.... Not possible.... These are pretty big general compromises with current ios production eco system.. So a huge chunk of users using ios are maybe hobbyists/kids/people using iPad for portable scratchpad. Not the kind of customers that would want to or be able to justify paying desktop equivalent prices for the current options/workflow... Seems like a pretty complicated situation :/