I miss these simple features from BM2...

First, I’m pretty sure it’s already been asked, a real zoom like in BM2 : a vertical zoom in the song window AND in the automation window.
Another feature from BM2, the « add track » function for the song mode : the possibility to create multiple midi tracks for the same bank. This is really helpful, especially for the « loop launcher » bank type.

Comments

• edited January 2018

Zoom is my pet peeve with BM3, hopefully that will get overhauled (the zoom in the sample editor is brilliant since it's overhaul)

Multiple tracks per bank has been hinted at coming back but they need to thibk about the best way to implement it.

• Would love to see take lanes. Shame this one didn't automatically travel across from BM2.

• edited January 2018

Are take lanes actually take lanes like a desktop or individual lanes in to a single bank ? (Take lanes in my parlance is for multiple takes and comping)

• edited January 2018

Not totally sure I get what you mean but If I understand you right, yeah, the latter ;) Bm2 had this right? Sure I recall having different midi/audio on different lanes within the same track and being able to trim/mute etc per lane? Most desktop daws do but Ableton misses it :/

Edit - not sure if your post edit made mine not make sense or I just didn't make sense to begin with ;) yeah, I mean multiple takes/comping/variations using lanes in one track/bank.

• Yeah i have no idea, seems to be both from what you are saying, individual tracks in to a single bank, but with built in comping.

I only got BM2 last week to do some 2 to 3 tutorials and havent even tried it yet.

• edited January 2018

@5pinlink said:
    Yeah i have no idea, seems to be both from what you are saying, individual tracks in to a single bank, but with built in comping.

I only got BM2 last week to do some 2 to 3 tutorials and havent even tried it yet.

Nah, would just be one track, with lanes ;) Though I guess what you're saying might also be useful. I'd be happy with either/whichever is easiest to implement ;)

• Oh dont get me wrong, im not suggesting it, i want MIDI tracks that are routable ala MIDI AU, so i can create a MIDI track and route it anywhere.

• I would like to see midi export as well

• I miss the whole piano roll environment with the pop out windows.

• @5pinlink said:
    Oh dont get me wrong, im not suggesting it, i want MIDI tracks that are routable ala MIDI AU, so i can create a MIDI track and route it anywhere.

thumbs up MIDI should be the entire focus of the next update. On all fronts. Patterns, pads, etc. but just an opinion.

• “17, Track layers/group. Again we have this in BM2, we can add '+' a sub track.

@vincent said: *We've planned this also”

King

• @KING said:
    “17, Track layers/group. Again we have this in BM2, we can add '+' a sub track.

@vincent said: *We've planned this also”

King

As much as I’m glad bm3 came out it really was stripped of all the stuff that made bm2 great.

I wouldn’t be mad at all if they’ve added au to bm2 as an update or iap. I made some good stuff in bm2. It just fit me.

• So why stop using it if it was great and fits you ?
    It still works fine, just host your AU in AUM or AB.

BM3 isn't for everybody ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    So why stop using it if it was great and fits you ?
    It still works fine, just host your AU in AUM or AB.

BM3 isn't for everybody ;)

I like working with au and a pianonroll. Simple.

Bm3 ain’t bad it’s getting way better by the updates

• But BM2 has a piano roll, and you can use AU by hosting them in an AU host as i suggested, if BM2 fits you, I dont see a single reason not to use it.

• Another thing I was doing with BM2, which is so obvious that can’t believe it’s not possible to do it in BM3 : saving midi patterns and store them in a dedicated folder, like any sample or bank. Please tell me I’m missing something... The option for saving midi patterns with banks doesn’t make these patterns appear as files in the browser (then it would be easy to move them into the folder of your choice), and you can’t export them from the Song or Scene mode. This was the way to save and store them in BM2 : in the edit mode you could export and save your midi patterns.
    Again, it’s such an obvious function that I must be wrong...

• Exporting MIDI isn't implemented yet, but you can save patterns in the bank itself.

We really need MIDI export though.

• @5pinlink said:
    But BM2 has a piano roll, and you can use AU by hosting them in an AU host as i suggested, if BM2 fits you, I dont see a single reason not to use it.

I like all in one system not a third party system. It’s simple like I said. Even in bm2 I didn’t use audiobus or aum.

• Is there not a piano roll in BM3? I thought Keys mode in pattern editor was BM2's piano roll. It's just not working well and has an awfully large select area for the keys on the left. It should be flipped with slide triggers to the right. Right now you have to single tap them to produce the sound. Is this not what your wanting in BM3?

• edited January 2018

All Intua would have to do is remove the screen sliding from the keys in the pattern editor, and use the same code from keys mode from performance on the right hand side. But flip the images so that the selectors are the small keys to the left, and the huge selector keys would be your piano roll to the right. Or not flipped whichever