Launchpad RGB compatibility

I would love to see bm3 become more user friendly with launchpad when it come to the colors of the pads and banks on the app matches and controls the colors on the launch pad

Comments

• +1

Would like to see this on my Launchkey Mini too! ;-)

• @NeonTaylor said:
    I would love to see bm3 become more user friendly with launchpad when it come to the colors of the pads and banks on the app matches and controls the colors on the launch pad

Are the colors on launch pad controlled via Midi or it's own system? Don't own one.

• SysEx or note on’s with custom velocity on a specific channel if I recall correctly.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    SysEx or note on’s with custom velocity on a specific channel if I recall correctly.

It's the same with APC40 as far as note ons custom velocity for lights. The issue is that the custom velocity also effects volume so setting up controller lights doesn't work. Way back I originally tried linking pads to get it to work but linked pads don't share midi in/out. Would this be hard to implement shared midi input/output with linked pads?

• @mathieugarcia I'm not specifically talking about just lights. Just linked pads in general do not capture midi equally.

• edited January 2018

I’m not really familiar with Sysex ima have to do some reading up but I see that there are some apps that might help called sysex base and midi toolbox, hopefully I can get this up and running so I can start doing live shows with the lights and such

• @mefisme it seems to work off of midi, the only app the lights work perfect on is of course the launchpad app but man if I can get those same colors on bm3 I’ll be in heaven

• @NeonTaylor said:
    @mefisme it seems to work off of midi, the only app the lights work perfect on is of course the launchpad app but man if I can get those same colors on bm3 I’ll be in heaven

So do you know all the velocity values of the colors?

• This could be made as MIDI AU, you could have bank just with pad configure MIDI AUs per pad for setting up external hardware, that would also trigger a second bank of samplers\synths haha

Just spitballing a thought haha

• @5pinlink said:
    This could be made as MIDI AU, you could have bank just with pad configure MIDI AUs per pad for setting up external hardware, that would also trigger a second bank of samplers\synths haha

Just spitballing a thought haha

I don't follow. Are you saying this already exists? I've got my lights working in all sorts of ways. Both as preprogrammed and after recorded playback in my template. But there are limitations.

• No im saying at some point, somebody will create a simple MIDI AU that sends MIDI messages, then you can build it yourself lol

• @5pinlink said:
    No im saying at some point, somebody will create a simple MIDI AU that sends MIDI messages, then you can build it yourself lol

That would be cool. I just need linked pads to do a few things in BM3 and lights would work for all controllers with Note ONs. It would be nice if llinked pads did not share velocity and could independently trigger their midi input/output settings regardless which pad you touched. This wouldn't even be just for lights. Need to make another feature request for linked pads.

• @NeonTaylor said:
    @mefisme it seems to work off of midi, the only app the lights work perfect on is of course the launchpad app but man if I can get those same colors on bm3 I’ll be in heaven

Yessir!

• @NeonTaylor you never got back to me on lights. Did you solve it?

• @mefisme said:
    @NeonTaylor you never got back to me on lights. Did you solve it?

I would like to know this too. Would be cool if there is a way to do this.

• edited January 2018

@El_Sed said:

@mefisme said:

Right now fixed velocities are shared between link groups. If we could get that disabled I could show you guys how to program lights per pad in any bank. Right now you can only program light shows in a separate bank and use scenes to change them. Or program light templates for other banks. Thats it at the moment.

• @mefisme said:

@El_Sed said:

@mefisme said:

Right now fixed velocities are shared between link groups. If we could get that disabled I could show you guys how to program lights per pad in any bank. Right now you can only program light shows in a separate bank and use scenes to change them. Or program light templates for other banks. Thats it at the moment.

Wow. Sounds cool. I hope Matthieu is listening ;-)