Beatmaker 3 now free?

Woooooah.. what’s going on this is showing as free? I just paid hard-earned cash for this a short while ago..

Comments

• Thats a shame for sure, hope this doesn't mean its the end of development :(

• edited January 2018

@Jangomango said:
    Woooooah.. what’s going on this is showing as free? I just paid hard-earned cash for this a short while ago..

Let me know if you have trouble feeding the kids because of this, I can send you a few pennies. Im sure there are others willing to help you out as well :)

• Free?? Huh?? Well either of two things I guess...

A big kick in the teeth for people that bought the app from day one and have struggled through the early evolution...

Or intua are having serious financial problems and calling it a day.

Either of which is sad news and cause me to switch to AUM.

Huge sympathies for intua if it's the latter. They deserved to do well from all the effort and vision put in to BM3 :(

• edited January 2018

It’s just promotional etc..

Just for NAMM 25th-28th..

My eyebrows had a brief meeting too, but..
    ... It is worth every penny/cent paid! (for me).

King

• If that's the case then ugh... Way to insult everyone that paid for the app :/ Not to mention totally devalue the app/work they've put in and ios music tools in general. Very odd move.

• @Tomes said:

@Jangomango said:

Let me know if you have trouble feeding the kids because of this, I can send you a few pennies. Im sure there are others willing to help you out as well :)

No need to be a cock about it.. I earn plenty but it's the principal of it...

• @Jangomango said:

@Tomes said:

@Jangomango said:

No need to be a cock about it.. I earn plenty but it's the principal of it...

My principals include being happy for the fortune about other peoples luck instead of getting jealous about it..

• Listen you moose-knuckle.. if you just bought something then find out its free you would be annoyed, am I right?

• what a terrible idea for a promotion, the app has no value moving forward now, seen this sort of promo kill so many products !!

• edited January 2018

Think! In a months time will any of this matter..
    Doubt it, it will just be the next thing.

More users - more exposure - more IAP’s - more money for development. Hope so anyway.

I’m just gonna stay positive about it.

King

• edited January 2018

Hope it works out!

What can we do..

King

• edited January 2018

Absolutely nothing, just hope development continues.

Oh and get ready for an influx of “can haz future bass samples” hahahaha

• Not sure why anyone would be happy to have gotten a bum deal just because it means some other people haven't? If that's indeed the case. Quite ridiculous thinking...

• edited January 2018

Exactamudo!

Hope so too (regarding development)

King

• @Heyez said:
    Not sure why anyone would be happy to have gotten a bum deal just because it means some other people haven't? If that's indeed the case. Quite ridiculous thinking...

Not sure of the wording on this quote?

King

• Was you referring to me @Heyez ?

King

• edited January 2018

A quick warning before this thread gets silly (it could easily, so just pre emptive striking) lets make sure we stay civil with each other here, no matter what we think about this decision, we didn’t buy shares in the company and it is their choice, so let’s keep that in mind so the thread doesn’t go downhill.

This is a general comment, not pointed at anyone or anything, just suspect this could get heavy, but as long as it doesn’t degrade into personal attacks, have at it ;)

• Hehe.

King

• @Jangomango said:
    Listen you moose-knuckle.. if you just bought something then find out its free you would be annoyed, am I right?

Nope, im happy some people get this free

• ^ I guess he wasn’t. I see the word happy now.

King

• @KING said:
    Was you referring to me @Heyez ?

King

No was referring to the post from someone above saying, 'let's all just rejoice for the people that got it for free' ;) like 'I'm such a better human than you are because I don't mind getting a comparitively shitty deal'.. Doesn't make any sense to me..

• edited January 2018

Yeah @Heyez after I saw the post above mine, I realised..

I hope they (Intua) have more up their sleeve concerning this though.

And hope all who have paid for the app are not too upset. :)

King

• Well I certainly won't be paying for anything from intua again within first year or so of release. Just wait for the sales/free after some bugs that will drive me mad have been removed.. Not cool imho....

Not to mention 'oh look out, here come a ton of users with their feature requests, support questions etc that will get just as much attention and consideration as those from paying customers'. Lame..

• Was thinking the same about waitin, but not sure if I could..

Also about the forum becoming a lot more busy. And that’s correct, I hope Intua knows who is who. (Respectively)

King

• ok but it is incorrect for those like me who paid the whole app, at least for us should be free the audio pack expansion, at least this

• edited January 2018

@KING
    what do you mean Intua knowing who is who ?
    A customer is a customer, as forum users we have the choice to not answer or give the free support we have done up till now, but Intua have to treat each customer equally, no matter how they got the software.

They could be changing their business model entirely to try and keep Beatmaker alive and kicking, we know nothing at all about their business.

• I know, I know, believe me I know!

They may spread the generosity over here too, we’ll see..

King

• @Heyez said:
    Well I certainly won't be paying for anything from intua again within first year or so of release. Just wait for the sales/free after some bugs that will drive me mad have been removed.. Not cool imho....

Not to mention 'oh look out, here come a ton of users with their feature requests, support questions etc that will get just as much attention and consideration as those from paying customers'. Lame..

I agree that those who use the app not having paid anything will have the same rights, this is not fair to us

• @battleloop said:
    ok but it is incorrect for those like me who paid the whole app, at least for us should be free the audio pack expansion, at least this

You bought what was on sale, if it was within the last 14 days get a refund, if it wasn’t then you are in the same boat as the rest of us who paid the full price, and I have no interest at all in trying to get free sound packs, I just want Beatmaker to carry on getting updates and bug fixes.

• edited January 2018

“Who is who”

We all know what that means.. :p

Yes free or not, I would expect the same level of Support. But I as a developer would know who is who!

King

This discussion has been closed.