Question regarding iOS Files tags (UNTESTED)

edited February 2018 in General

If I tag it and remove it and put it back on a different device. Will the tag be there?

Comments

• Well, I only have one iPad, and so far I tagged a wav from "on my iPad\BeatMaker 3", then deleted it, and it's sitting there in recently deleted with the red tag still showing. I tapped recover, and the file was put back, with the tag in tact. That said, I didn't see the file on my iPhone in the recently deleted items, but I wonder if it's because it was in the BeatMaker 3 folder, which is iPad only? I copied the restored file to "iCloud" and waited till it showed up in the iCloud folder on my iPhone (it had the tag), then I deleted it on my iPad, and it disappeared on my iPhone. I could then see it in recently deleted on my iPhone and iPad, recovered it on my iPhone, and it went back into the iCloud folder.

• Tag one and dropbox it, then link to the dropbox file, i can pass one between two pads when i get home if you dont get chance.

• @5pinlink said:
    Tag one and dropbox it, then link to the dropbox file, i can pass one between two pads when i get home if you dont get chance.

Will try this to Dropbox when I get home. It's the ultimate test. I don't want to muck up people's files app if I use this personally. That's why I was asking.