Sample file(s) not showing up in the SAMPLES tab of the sampler (in edit mode)

I noticed that on several occasions, in edit mode, when I select a pad, the “Samples” section is empty (when you sel t the SAMPLES tab, at the right of the CHANNEL tab). And when it happens, it happens for all the pads in every banks of the project.

Comments

• @cyril777 I can confirm as this as happened to me. Do you have reproducible steps to make it happen? A video?

• I get this a lot. Scrolling on the empty area that should show samples usually makes it refresh and show them. I can't recall if switching to channel and back also makes them pop up.

• I can’t recall what steps has been leading to this issue, I just had it later and tried a few moves to get it back without success. I left BM3 with my session opened a few minutes, and when I came back the problem was gone... I really can’t see why. But I’ll try to figure this out next time it happens...

• @cyril777 @ronji I have also had a few issues with the first search tab (not documents browser) where everything would disappear.

• This was fixed two months ago, it has obviously creeped its way back in somehow :(

• edited January 2018

@5pinlink said:
    This was fixed two months ago, it has obviously creeped its way back in somehow :(

@ronji said:
    I get this a lot. Scrolling on the empty area that should show samples usually makes it refresh and show them. I can't recall if switching to channel and back also makes them pop up.

@cyril777 said:
    I can’t recall what steps has been leading to this issue, I just had it later and tried a few moves to get it back without success. I left BM3 with my session opened a few minutes, and when I came back the problem was gone... I really can’t see why. But I’ll try to figure this out next time it happens...

Solved this guys! It’s an auto scroll issue and layer sample selection issue between layers of two separate pads. If two pads have an open layer and a certain amount of samples, The selection of the separate layers or existing samples in each layer isn’t remembered. If the layers are opened on both pads, bouncing between the two causes the sample list to disappear on one or the other. Also, the Channel/samples window doesn’t seem coded independently per pad. It should be. An easy confirmation for both are below.

SOME SIMPLE STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

• Load a sample via load existing layer to a pad.

• Load a second sample to another pad or copy/paste the first.

• Open the single layer for the sample on both pads

• Bounce between the two either with trigger or select mode while loading a sample to the existing layer of one pad. (just keep loading the same sample for the easy test.)

• Watch as you load multiple samples to the one pad and bounce between the two what happens. If you try to make a different sample selection of the pad with multiple samples in the layer, the next selection/trigger selects a different sample in the layer. by sample 5 you will begin to see the problem. by the 13th sample added to that layer in the one pad, the others pads list will disappear.

This test was performed on a 9.7 inch iPad. Don’t know if the samples layer area is different on other iPad sizes or whether this makes a bit of difference.

The issue is we don’t have existing layer or new layer selections being remembered causing an auto scroll between the two. It will select the first layer in the list if you have multiple layers. Or a different sample if using just an existing layer. It also means the channel/samples tabs are not coded to be viewed independently per pad. The test for this is simple. Open a layer on one pad. Go to your other pad and choose channel. Now select the other pad.

Hope this helps. Confirmed all here.