Beatmaker is "The one"

edited January 2018 in General

@brambos reminded me today how hard it is for a developer to stay motivated when arseholes on social media shit all over them (my nasty rephrasing of his polite words)

So this thread is your carbon offsets equivalant of giving @mathieugarcia @vincent @colin a bit of a booster to counter act the utter shite being hurled at audiobus etc.

I have had six months of good and bad releases (bad ones rapidly fixed) and helped start to build a fledgling community that after some initial users getting used to other users hiccups is starting to gel.

Big thanks to all the guys at Intua, your software kicks monkey ass !!!!

PS the title of the thread is cause i was just pointed at a post on AB were @mathieugarcia was jesus christ, that prick owes me for the wallpaper i just stained spitting my drink lol.

Comments

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • While I’m aware of what you speak, in my opinion it’s really not quite as bad out there as it first seems. Let’s be fair that the vast majority that have discussed the issue have been fair and just expressed opinion. Many such as myself have even discussed ideas that could maybe help with promoting BM3 for future use, maintenance and expansion.

I think the problem with the net is that those that really want to shout, are the few that shout loudest, often resulting in it seeming like everyone is complaining or being unreasonable.

To the devs: A great community is growing around your product. My personal opinion is that it’s the product I want to use long term and in that vain I expect some investment in time, money and help expanding our community of users. Basically we are in this together.

I personally hope you find further ways to bring in the money needed to invest in maintenance and future growth, so that we can enjoy BM3 for many years to come.

I do think expanding into further IAP material is a good idea as well as future expansion beyond iOS.

All my best for the future

• 100%!

Next level app. Next level devs. Cool community. I'm keepin the faith.

• I use Beatmaker 3 everyday for music. In the morning before work to relax my mind before I deal with.......and in the evening when I get home to relax myself after dealing with........ all day. So thank you intua.

• Can I have all the sound packs free then? Lol

• @Jangomango said:
    Can I have all the sound packs free then? Lol

You actually can, but it’s more difficult than buying them. The way to get them for free is to create them all yourself! =D

• @Jangomango said:
    Can I have all the sound packs free then? Lol

Why ?
    Because you paid for something when everybody else here paid for it too, are you special or something ?
    It is people like you that make me want to stop supplying free sound packs, ungrateful crap !!!

• This was my only contribution to that thread and I’m standing by it! :smile:

@mathieugarcia I’m cheering you on, man! Go get ‘em at NAMM and do your thing. You have created a groundbreaking production tool with a tonne of potential. Do what you need to do to make it happen.”

• @5pinlink
    +1

You already know how I feel about this subject!

Keep up the Great Work and always appreciative of what you are doing @mathieugarcia

• The "Awwwww" moment -- thanks everyone, really!

I wouldn't focus too much on the toxicity that this thread on the AB forums brought (and it was kinda minor really).
    I am OK with reading negative comments / feedback, as long as it's not insulting. I totally understand why some people would find this experiment odd, or that some users felt "betrayed". I was kinda prepared for that, but all in all, I think it is well accepted.

We will stay true to ourselves, keep on rocking BM3, keep on caring about our community.

Have a great week-end everybody!
    Bests,
    Mathieu.

• @mathieugarcia Everything done so far with BM3 shows that Intua is 'Intuitive' and Apple are also playing this game correctly. This is, one of the best, if not the best....modular-based DAW system I have come across for mobile production/performance. It has near limitless potential and things that make music creation the most fun and engaging experience ever. True immersion. If the big companies and big AU/VST devs don't get on board, it could be a loss to them. Whatever the case, Keep up the amazing work!

• Jesus, who lit the fuse on your tampon?

I was joking fella...

• @Jangomango said:
    Jesus, who lit the fuse on your tampon?

I was joking fella...

I know I caught it. You LOL,d. :)

• I know right? That SpunkLick guy needs to take a chill pill....

• @Jangomango said:
    Jesus, who lit the fuse on your tampon?

I was joking fella...

Yes, you were joking, sure, nobody here reads AB forum haha, “seething” much haha.

• Not trying to hijack the thread (ok maybe) but Intua could take a cue from Grooverider with the different groove templates and "step mode."

BM3 3.010 is pretty slick. Not sure why it didn't go from 3.09 to 3.1. Will we ever get to 3.1? All these recent updates imo constitute major changes not just minor adjustments and there's some good buzz I get from the beta testers. Keeping the BM3 faith...

• The version could go all the way to 3.0.99 if Intua wants, and obviously they don't feel like it's quite at 3.1 yet. 3.1 would normally be considered a big release, with 3.1.01 being the first bug fix release. I feel like a lot has been added and improved, but when it comes to versioning it doesn't matter what I feel haha. We'll get a 3.1 eventually.

• edited January 2018

Get a room you two lol

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

I think you will find the name calling was for me @triton100 ;)
    And dont get yourself wound up by such an immature ungrateful muppet.

• I'm glad I focus on one forum.

• edited January 2018

@triton100 you should just let me deal with a-holes, that way only i get the hate, which you know yourself, being hated by some spoilt little millenial that is generally too scared to do anything off an LCD screen, is about as worrying as a wet fart.
    And i already take pure crap, one extra wet fart is no hassle lol.

• Wet farts can be scary.

Just saying :)

• Not at my age dude, the fact i can still produce moisture is impressive not scary haha.