More focus actions and/or small behavioral changes (NOT UPDATED)

edited February 2018 in Feature Requests

Nuff said. I’m full of bugs, requests, and ideas today.

This will be a list of suggested focus actions and or small behavioral changes to control BM3 so that both external controllers and the iPad itself can be a controller/controlled simultaneously:

0. Bank/Track (previous/next) & Bank Groups

Can you bank through audio tracks and aux busses as well? Go to mixer view or song view and select an audio track or aux bus. Go back to perf view. What's selected under all fx panels macro panels, pattern helper panels etc? That track.

The Panel Perception Problem and Steps to Reproduce

After you select another track and went back to another view. Try bank previous/next. Not tied to the focus action and no panels change either..

What should change?

This focus action Should become bank/track prev & next for everything minus pads in a bank. It doesn't have to show the tracks or auxes physically on performance view. But they need to be bankable (cycleable). If a number of banks are loaded 0-127 the control could just move on to the other tracks and show their panels. MAIN OUT is also not cycleable.

Potential Perspective Bug with all Bank Groups And SELECT BANK/GROUP A-H Focus Actions?

When cycling banks, the bank groups should automatically select the next bank in that group so that bank A-H focus actions make more sense. Currently they are labeled A-H but only select A1-H1. Using SELECT BANK GROUP 1-16 could also default to the first bank. Currently it does not.

1. Working mode (pattern/play song)

Why and what would need to be added for this to work?

2. Plugin/Keybed (show/hide)

Why?

3. Search cycle (banks/samples)

If even possible and why?

4. Show all pads toggle (mixer view)

Why and also why SELECT mode should also visually select the pad with external controllers (a single tap)?

5. Combine Play/Pause

Why or fix to support sequencer stop behavior setting?

6. Tap Tempo / Metronome separation (or see # 10)

See this thread:
https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/6158/bug-metronome-focus-action-still-does-tap-tempo-pre-existing-3-0-10-and-below#latest

7. Views cycle (perf, samp, mix, song)

Why?

8. Loop brace left/right

Why when producing/performing?

9. 16/64 toggle/momentary

Why?

10. FUTURE: CC encoder support for all focus actions. Metronome, left/right, up/down type controls. :)

Why?

Working on the why's. Lol.

BM3 is a controller itself. With all sorts of setups you can get realtime visual information while performing/producing. You can also simultaneously perform/produce on external hardware and the iPad using alternative views. A user may be playing a 64 pad device, a keyboard, and a 16 pad device all at once, and the iPad as well all with quick maneuvering. Remove the need to think too hard on where to go by allowing physical/visual interaction with both.

Comments

• I dunno, I think you need to say a little more in this case haha. Like, what else do you want to add to the focus actions list?

• edited January 2018

@ronji said:
    I dunno, I think you need to say a little more in this case haha. Like, what else do you want to add to the focus actions list?

Alrighty. I’ll make the list and update and explain why. Lol.

• @ronji there's a start. Lol. Just random stuff. I don't care whether it's implemented or not really. Just making some powerful suggestions.

• @mefisme there are next/prev bank and next/prev bank group focus actions already, but there are a lot of good suggestions in there otherwise =) (or are you asking for something else in point 0?)

• @ronji said:
    @mefisme there are next/prev bank and next/prev bank group focus actions already, but there are a lot of good suggestions in there otherwise =) (or are you asking for something else in point 0?)

Added the why.

• edited January 2018

@ronji updated #0's why to include an additional request of behavior change. I consider them bugs do to implementation.

• Added perspective Bug to #0

• @mefisme ah ok. sounds like a no-brainer. this will be even more important once we're able to freely relocate banks and audio tracks (hopefully some day).

• @ronji said:
    @mefisme ah ok. sounds like a no-brainer. this will be even more important once we're able to freely relocate banks and audio tracks (hopefully some day).

Yes. Someday if we can freely relocate things this will be important. I am just building a list of things that are two parts requests and/or perspective bugs. #0 is now finished and you can view the changes I won't be making any more changes.