New user with simple question

Hello all,

I'm new and learning, and hoping you can help me out. Let's say I record a loop using one set of sounds, say Kick, High Hat, Clap. All on the same track. Is there any way that I can separate each of those sounds out into separate tracks quickly?////

Comments

• Not to legit separate tracks/banks. You can explode mixer channels to display individual pass. And also have fx per pad and so on.. But no fast way to explode a pad to its own track/bank. I'd +1 this as a FR though and think it's already in the backlog. I've often wanted to do this with an AU pad.

You can do it via copying Pattern and sounds across banks and deleting the surplus instruments/notes. Quite longwinded though..

I might be wrong about this though and maybe someone else has better workaround suggestion?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2018

@scorwitz said:
    Hello all,

I'm new and learning, and hoping you can help me out. Let's say I record a loop using one set of sounds, say Kick, High Hat, Clap. All on the same track. Is there any way that I can separate each of those sounds out into separate tracks quickly?////

Welcome @scorwitz ! Glad to have you here in the community!

It seems you want to seperate pattern information across seperate Banks. Unfortunately, this is currently unavailable and is a great feature request.

Banks have multiple meanings and purpose in Beatmaker 3. Banks can be independent tracks themselves for each sound type collection for easy song view edits and bank mixing. If you are wanting to work with kicks snares hats separately in Song View, you will want to use multiple banks and separate the sounds with the pattern editor itself if you already pre-recorded a pattern.

Workarounds
    After you create each bank make sure you have a working pattern available before cut copying and pasting. You can tap SELECT on your pads from your single bank with all your patterns.

Please take note that when you copy a pad with a working pattern it captures that midi information at that time. Hopefully you don't have too many patterns at this point but this is how you get the pattern data into a new pattern across Banks.

You may have to delete the midi data from the pads that are no longer there. I don't think so though.

Other helpful information
    Alternatively, For working with one bank, you can expand pads in mixer view by double tapping the bank, or tapping the 'Show all Pads' option.

Alternative workaround
    Resample each sound to it's own audio track.

Hope this helps!

• edited February 2018

We also might be able to come up with some other suggestions if you can elaborate on what your goal is with separating the sounds. But as @Heyez said, you can do things like have separate FX on each pad (fx panel, tap the pad icon at the top, make sure the correct pad is selected, many ways to select the pad), you can send each pad to separate aux tracks (up to 8 sends on each pad), etc. Also we're assuming you recorded a pattern with individual notes for separate pads, but if you recorded them to an audio clip then that's a whole different thing.

• @Heyez said:
    You can do it via copying Pattern and sounds across banks and deleting the surplus instruments/notes. Quite longwinded though..

There is a slightly less long winded way, but not by much..
    In pad view, press the select button and this will allow you to select a pad then cut it and paste it to a new bank.
    Then you just use the track helper to drag the pattern to the new bank/track.

Its a bit faster but still a PITA.

• You can also select a pad's lane in the pattern (long press), then choose copy, then go into the pattern on the other bank, select the lane, press paste, before or after copying the pad. This might all be unnecessary depending on what the actual goal is though. Also it's weird that cut pad is only available via the select mode of the performance (pads) view, and not in the edit view pad menu.

• Whats edit view pad menu ?

• Aaah in the sampler ?
    Yeah its all a bit “design by comittee” still too, clear pad in pad view, delete pad in sampler view, consistent naming will be friendlier.

• @5pinlink said:
    Aaah in the sampler ?
    Yeah its all a bit “design by comittee” still too, clear pad in pad view, delete pad in sampler view, consistent naming will be friendlier.

Agreed.

• @ronji said:
    We also might be able to come up with some other suggestions if you can elaborate on what your goal is with separating the sounds. But as @Heyez said, you can do things like have separate FX on each pad (fx panel, tap the pad icon at the top, make sure the correct pad is selected, many ways to select the pad), you can send each pad to separate aux tracks (up to 8 sends on each pad), etc. Also we're assuming you recorded a pattern with individual notes for separate pads, but if you recorded them to an audio clip then that's a whole different thing.

Some great and useful stuff here all. THANK YOU! "ronji" as I said, I'm just getting started here, but I've made an awesome two bar sample that I'm loving which would be great to build to, but I want to be able to say, start with just two of the pads, and then bring a 3rd, 4th in in measure 5, and bring the synths in later etc...

Lucky for me, I'm not that far into the project to start again and record things out separately, but sometimes you really like to play two or more sounds live and would be tough to isolate certain rhythms without the other hand hitting something (maybe just the desk!)

• Duplicate the pattern and delete the parts you dont want, will work fine ;)