Posting downloads questions

This discussion was created from comments split from: Sample Banks - 22/01/18 (UK) 01/22/18 (US).

Comments

• @5pinlink do I need to add a licensing file to my zips for the APC40 template. Just wanted to make sure I'm following rules and guidelines as it is a resource.

• edited January 2018

If you have any usage restrictions you can post them in the zip or on the forum thread ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    If you have any usage restrictions you can post them in the zip or on the forum thread ;)

Thanks!

• What would be the correct licensing file to use if I am hosting Intua bm3 and bm3k files or samples of either an out of copyright or open source nature. My project might not be well suited for my personal Dropbox account.

• You will need to check the licence of the files that are copyrighted or open source.

• How should I proceed if I want to share some of my banks knowing that my bank presets are not saved with their samples (I organized my samples by types, so all the claps are in the clap folder, all my kicks in the kick folder and so on...). I don’t want to mess up everything by saving my banks with their samples and then have doubles or empty directory...

• @cyril777 you can use the bank menu to save the bank, choose to copy samples and copy patterns if you want to include those, then you can zip up and upload the bank folder with samples. afterwards you can either keep the bank organized like that, or you can just delete the newly saved bank from your ipad!

• edited February 2018

Or you can upload and i will format them all out to forum structure naming/formatting if you like ;)
    (I'm trying to keep the naming strict with my uploaded stuff, so there is never a file such as snare.wav or snare1.wav etc, they are way too generic and end up in duplicates that stops the bank/samples missing files search from working.

• edited February 2018

You know what @ronji do you think i should do a guide to naming/formating for uploading, so the missing file search always works, its actually relevant to archived projects too really.

• @5pinlink said:
    You know what @ronji do you think i should do a guide to naming/formating for uploading, so the missing file search always works, its actually relevant to archived projects too really.

My two cents. Even though I know how to do this, I don't have time to do a guide right now. I think you should for users sake. Would be nice and awesome of you. :)

• Agreed I think you should do that, @5pinlink. =)

• @ronji said:
    @cyril777 you can use the bank menu to save the bank, choose to copy samples and copy patterns if you want to include those, then you can zip up and upload the bank folder with samples. afterwards you can either keep the bank organized like that, or you can just delete the newly saved bank from your ipad!

If I decide to save my banks with the option “copy samples”, then BM3 will overwrite the bank, so after I delete the doubles, I will have to reconstruct this bank entirely, and because all my kicks and snares are in their respective folders (even if I named them correctly, no snare1, snare1.1...), this will take forever...

• @cyril777 so if you're talking about a bank that's not yet saved, you can save it without copying the samples, nothing will change. now, or if you've already saved a bank this way, you should start a new session, so the reference of this bank in other sessions won't be changed, load the bank, then save the bank again, but this time give it a different name like "cyril777 bigdrumz v1.0" and turn on the sample copy option. now you can share this, then delete the files when you're done. your original bank is not affected. I've just tested this now.

• edited February 2018

@cyril777 yep. Sounds messy. I would rename and reload the samples in the saved session first and then save banks without samples unless of course you plan on sharing whatever you have. Then you would want to save collect and zip.

• @ronji said:
    @cyril777 you should start a new session, so the reference of this bank in other sessions won't be changed, load the bank, then save the bank again

Ok, now that’s the solution, thanks. I wouldn’t thought of it, even if this is an error I made (saving the banks within session) which resulted with multiple doubles and an overweighted project.

• edited February 2018

Sessions don't reference banks ?

Easiest way to do it is this, save the bank with copy samples, zip it, delete it, next time you load the bank it wont find the samples, hit search and it will find them, then resave without copy samples, done.

• @5pinlink said:

I don’t think I understand your question, sorry. Why are you talking about sessions?

• @cyril777 you cant upload iMaschine kits, they belong to NI.

• @cyril777 said:

@5pinlink said:

I don’t think I understand your question, sorry. Why are you talking about sessions?

@ronji said:
    @cyril777 you should start a new session, so the reference of this bank in other sessions won't be change.

Because of that

• @5pinlink said:
    @cyril777 you cant upload iMaschine kits, they belong to NI.

Ah... ok, I didn’t knew. I won’t do it so. However, I saw a couple of videos on YouTube showing how to proceed with Maschine and iMaschine. And there is a post on the forum speaking about it either...

• For personal use

• @5pinlink said:

@cyril777 said:

@5pinlink said:

@ronji said:
    @cyril777 you should start a new session, so the reference of this bank in other sessions won't be change.

Because of that

Ah, ok, my bad... I created a session and opened all of the banks I wanted to share, then I saved this session with embedded banks and samples. Then I uploaded each bank to Dropbox and after that I deleted my session so I don’t have any doubles and the samples directory stays correct.

• @5pinlink said:
    For personal use

dully noted !

• Thread cleaned ;)