Improvement of the 6-band EQ : a band bypass

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but a bypass function (for each band) would be very usefu...

Comments

• edited February 2018

There is a workaround, just put it on 'None' this will bypass it, when you put it back to whatever filter you want it will restore the settings.

The EQ needs a general overhaul though, currently it is completely obtuse to use, dials are all over the place, a lot of the filters need renaming better and Reso instead of width ???
    Bypass and solo would both be good additions to the overhaul.

• @5pinlink said:
    There is a workaround, just put it on 'None' this will bypass it, when you put it back to whatever filter you want it will restore the settings.

The EQ needs a general overhaul though, currently it is completely obtuse to use, dials are all over the place, a lot of the filters need renaming better and Reso instead of width ???
    Bypass and solo would both be good additions to the overhaul.

Thank you for the tip !
    It’s obvious that the EQ needs some real improvements, but I think that it has a good foundation to go on (compared to BM2’s effects...). The naming doesn’t bother me too much, as a priority Inwould ask for a larger view. When you set more than 3 bands, it’s hard to do fine adjustments.

• Yeah full screen and analyser has already been hinted by the developers, Im more about standardising its usage too.

• full screen + analyser would help so much.

• Spectrum analyzer please +1

• Analyzer +1

• @mefisme said:
    Spectrum analyzer please +1

Hell yeah +1

• +! for full screen and spectrum analyzer

• Too bad Audio Damage doesn’t have an EQ plugin in their product line, it would have been of a great utility in BM3 (while we wait for their EQ improvement). I know Discord4 is coming soon for iOS but I a pitch shifter is really not the priority for my needs, and Virsyn has already released a good one. Would be great to see a strong plugin developer involved with Intua, like Fabfilter with Auria or Wave plugin with Cubasis...maybe iZotope ?

• Audio Damage is not that reliable on IOS, personally i would rather see a top rate developer like Jeroen Brebart or something, but looks like he is tied in to Audio Evolution on IOS/Android.

• They have made some great apps that I use. quatramod and rough rider and phosper are pretty much very stable for me. I could see a strong eq from them. I have there other apps but only use these three on a regular.

• @5pinlink said:
    Audio Damage is not that reliable on IOS

Really ? To be honest I didn’t knew Audio Damage before it came to iOS, I red a few articles and I had the impression of a solid developer. It’s true that I was a little bit disappointed at first, I thought their plugins would a little bit more sofisticated, especially Filterstastion2 which is very very straightforward but maybe I had Volcano2 too much in mind. So for more elaborate filter setup in BM3 I’ll use apeFilter.

• They just have a ton of issues in IOS, I suspect they will fix them all eventually, Chris Randall is a complete **** when it comes to communicating to customers, but he normally gets his stuff solid enough over time.
    But at the same time, IOS generates zero money, so fixes could be few and far between.

• @5pinlink said:
    But at the same time, IOS generates zero money, so fixes could be few and far between.

True, when you see that on FabFilter website, iOS versions are not even mentioned.
    But some profit must be made at some point. If I take my example, before I know about the existence of music apps on iOS, during all those years I tried to make music, I never ever bought a single software, Reason, Live, Logic, NI products... But when a synth costs 5€, even if you’re not sure you’re gonna like it, you buy it. I never would have bought a Sugar Bytes plugin for my computer, but now I buy all their apps the first day...

• I wouldn't buy a Sugarbytes app for IOS until he supports AU (unlikely) but i have bought some on the desktop.

• @5pinlink said:
    I wouldn't buy a Sugarbytes app for IOS until he supports AU (unlikely) but i have bought some on the desktop

With the exception of Unique, their very last synth app, all SugarBytes apps were released before Audio Unit arrive on iOS, so for me it couldn’t be a necessary condition in the decision to buy their app. But I agree that I regretted that Unique wasn’t released as a AU.

• I only buy AU, anything else gets no use.

• @5pinlink said:
    I only buy AU, anything else gets no use.

quite radical ! But why not... After all, this is the natural course of development for music apps.

• edited February 2018

@cyril777 said:

@5pinlink said:

quite radical ! But why not... After all, this is the natural course of development for music apps.

I still use a few IAA fx and synth aps for sample sources but also probably won’t bother buying more non AUs. I just don’t see non AU synths and FX getting healthy longterm updates moving forward. Once I saw that Model 15 of all things could be an AU... I mean, woah so many others should be able to do this then. The Sugar Bytes as AU would be game changey. Multiple Egoists, Effectrix and Turnados in BM3 with full automation recording... droolnesses.

• @Audiogus said:

@cyril777 said:

@5pinlink said:

I still use a few IAA fx and synth aps for sample sources but also probably won’t bother buying more non AUs. I just don’t see non AU synths and FX getting healthy longterm updates moving forward. Once I saw that Model 15 of all things could be an AU... I mean, woah so many others should be able to do this then. The Sugar Bytes as AU would be game changey. Multiple Egoists, Effectrix and Turnados in BM3 with full automation recording... droolnesses.

I had exactly the same ecstatic reaction with Model15 ! If this kind of beast can be a AU plugin, you expect every futur synth/FX apps to be. I was very happy to see Virsyn updating to AU too (I hope Poseidon is the next one). And it’s true that it becomes more and more tedious to use IAA, and it’s always disappointing when great new apps, like ElasticFX, are just IAA. But I buy it anyway...