64 pad midi controller and a 16 pad midi controller

can we use a 64 pad midi controller and a 16 pad midi controller at the same time yet. Everytime I try one wipes out the other

Comments

• You haven't really explained how you are trying to do it, controlling the same pads or controlling different pads or controlling entirely different things not pad related ?

• edited February 2018

When I am in 64 pad mode I want to use a 64 pad midi controller. If i midi learn the buttons. I cant midi learn a different controller with 16 pads for kits that have 16 pads. There for we cant use to different pad controllers at ine time. Does that help you get what Im trying to do sir

• edited February 2018

Like i explained, page1 map your 64 pad controller so it works, now go to page 2 of that bank and map your 16 pad controller to pads 65-80 with empty samples (ala midi output) now link pads 65-80 to pads 1-16.

Now you have a 16 pad controller that triggers 1-16 and a 64 pad cntroller that triggers 1-64.

A bank can only have one controller globally, so set up the 64 pad as bank MIDI input, then the 16 pad you set up midi input per pad.

• @5pinlink said:
    Like i explained, page1 map your 64 pad controller so it works, now go to page 2 of that bank and map your 16 pad controller to pads 65-80 with empty samples (ala midi output) now link pads 65-80 to pads 1-16.

Now you have a 16 pad controller that triggers 1-16 and a 64 pad cntroller that triggers 1-64.

A bank can only have one controller globally, so set up the 64 pad as bank MIDI input, then the 16 pad you set up midi input per pad.

Explained perfectly.

• @5pinlink said:

now that sir was perfect thank you I was struggling with this your the man

• Nope @mefisme is the man ;)
    He thought of it, i just explained it.

• @mefisme lol you are the superman thanks again fellas. Appreciate the help even though I was kinda rude in another post hope you accept the apology and will never happen again

• edited February 2018

Everybody has their moments, we all do it, as long as people avoid personal insults (nasty ones anyway) we just tick over and ignore it ;)

• @Shazamm said:
    @mefisme lol you are the superman thanks again fellas. Appreciate the help even though I was kinda rude in another post hope you accept the apology and will never happen again

No worries. We’re cool dude. BTW, MPD218 is a perfect companion device to the APC40 in Beatmaker 3. The editor should allow you to set independent channels for the banks themselves on the device. Allowing you to control all 48 other pads in my template as 16 pad sects. 3 programs (channels). I haven’t bought one yet but need a 4x4 pretty badly. Would love to see these in action together. Not bad for 99USD either! :)

• Look on ebay, the original MPD18 is regularly $20-30

• the mpd218 is dope but im going to sell it and get the mpd232. It has transport control and you get a 4th banks of controls and rgb lights

• edited February 2018

@Shazamm said:
    the mpd218 is dope but im going to sell it and get the mpd232. It has transport control and you get a 4th banks of controls and rgb lights

Might opt for it instead as well, I’m trying to utilize the APC40 as my sequencer, scene launcher, main control house, but I need some pad based device for performance. I only have the mpkmini2 for keys and pads. Don’t like the pad layout fully. It works well. I just want a 4x4. My desk space is dwindling. I should opt for the apc mini. Or mk2. I just don’t know if I’d like the layout. Mpd232 has the hardware editing onboard. So does the 226. I like this. :)

• I have the m-audio trigger finger pro and the mpd232. While I like them both, I think I will keep the trigger finger pro. To me its one of the best controllers and also because its redundant To have them both as they have similar features.

• @Shazamm @hansjbs Question regarding controllers since we are on the topic. I have this grandiose sort of community project in the works for the whole community to ease controller setup for users so they can focus more on making music. It’s still somewhat of an unannounced thing, but was curious if anyone would be interested in templating them out and collaborating. I’m a one man operation currently. The nearest music store is 2 hours away. Haven’t talked with them yet, but going to see if they will let me rent out used controllers or I could just template them out there. But two hours away is far. I’ve a templating system and master directory in the works and naming convention as well. Hit me up if interested.

• @mefisme said:
    @Shazamm @hansjbs Question regarding controllers since we are on the topic. I have this grandiose sort of community project in the works for the whole community to ease controller setup for users so they can focus more on making music. It’s still somewhat of an unannounced thing, but was curious if anyone would be interested in templating them out and collaborating. I’m a one man operation currently. The nearest music store is 2 hours away. Haven’t talked with them yet, but going to see if they will let me rent out used controllers or I could just template them out there. But two hours away is far. I’ve a templating system and master directory in the works and naming convention as well. Hit me up if interested.

Oh yeah I'm most definitely interested.

• @mefisme said:
    @Shazamm @hansjbs Question regarding controllers since we are on the topic. I have this grandiose sort of community project in the works for the whole community to ease controller setup for users so they can focus more on making music. It’s still somewhat of an unannounced thing, but was curious if anyone would be interested in templating them out and collaborating. I’m a one man operation currently. The nearest music store is 2 hours away. Haven’t talked with them yet, but going to see if they will let me rent out used controllers or I could just template them out there. But two hours away is far. I’ve a templating system and master directory in the works and naming convention as well. Hit me up if interested.

Im all in for that one sir lets talk

• I have an MPK249 that is my favorite thing to use with BM# or any app on the iPad. the way the knobs function is amazing. No jumping just right were the micro knob left off