Balance of resources

I know this is been brought up in the past, but couldn't find the thread because a user I think left the forums. I'm trying to find a perfect balance of resources usage with multisampled instruments. Thought about storing samples 1mb or less in memory. And anything higher streaming from disk. Has anyone found a good resolution to efficient resource usage? This is super difficult to decide for me for some reason.

Comments

• Depends what iPad you have as each has different amounts of RAM, personally i prefer as much in RAM as possible.

• @5pinlink said:
    Depends what iPad you have as each has different amounts of RAM, personally i prefer as much in RAM as possible.

Conversion of the instrument from 96khz to 44.1khz would save much more space in ram then The only potential concern is loss of some fidelity. Right now 334+mb in ram. I want that lower. It's that M1 multisampled instrument I chose for the bank I'm working on. Unfortunately, I'm having to reference that instrument on 12 independent pads Each has 16 samples inside it. Each sample inside each pad also has polyphony of 12. So I might need to convert.

• Are you running out of RAM, suffering glitches or something ?

• edited February 2018

@5pinlink said:
    Are you running out of RAM, suffering glitches or something ?

No not at all I'm concerned about others doing so lol. And I thought a sample referenced more than once used the same ram. Apparently it doesn't.

• Aaahbok, if you need testing let m know, i have a MINI 2 to test with now as lowest common platform.

• @5pinlink said:
    Aaahbok, if you need testing let m know, i have a MINI 2 to test with now as lowest common platform.

Sure, Let me at least get the file size down and that way you can test plugins and other sample layers to see how long before the audio engine chokes.

• @5pinlink the link is available for download in thread. I managed to get it down to 182.5. Could be better. Maybe.