Moving on up!

Comments

• What am i missing ?
    Those listings change on a regular basis and per continent, and have no viability vs populaity.
    The 4.7 is good though, being free for a while willbhave helped that.

• @5pinlink This is the highest I’ve seen in US. That’s all. I also saw the very first actual advertisement in iOS for BM3 (at least on my device here in the states). I know they change regularly. I was just congratulating Intua I guess. :)

It’s #6 on top paid in US right now (oh wait #7 after I posted this. Lol)

• I keep track of the market for the app just because I want to. At some point help make suggestions to their ASO. Not my responsibility, I just do.

• I have no idea what an ASO is sorry, but the top paid list is nothing to do with top selling, it is a random generated list ;) (ask Apple, they cant lie about it, they can just not say thats what it is, that isnt lying lol)

• edited February 2018

I'm gonna assume it must be like SEO for appstores?

A: Appstore / S: Search / O: Optimization ??
    AS: Appstore / O: Optimization ??

• edited February 2018

@tk32 said:
    I'm gonna assume it must be like SEO for appstores?

A: Appstore / S: Search / O: Optimization ??
    AS: Appstore / O: Optimization ??

You got it. The app ecosystem isn't controlled by Apple. It's controlled entirely by devs keyword choices, paid advertising, and the business themselves. For example, BM3 is down 6 points right now. Reviews also play a large factor in relevancy. That means it's high yesterday was #5 in top paid. But since yesterday someone wasn't happy or market is quiet right now in US today.

• Erm, contact apple, the top paid list is random generated, thats why it is not called "Best selling" etc

A bunch of people contacted them a few months back to find out how a particular piece of software that hadnt been updated in a couple of years was at number 1 for a few days, there should be an article online somewhere about it ;)

• Looks like it was an unhappy user from the Netherlands saying IAPS don't work. Lol.

• @5pinlink said:
    Erm, contact apple, the top paid list is random generated, thats why it is not called "Best selling" etc

A bunch of people contacted them a few months back to find out how a particular piece of software that hadnt been updated in a couple of years was at number 1 for a few days, there should be an article online somewhere about it ;)

Which top paid category are you talking about? The main one? The main one is so competitive it's impossible to keep up with.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @triton100 no. When it was free, it was free. It actually impacted their score in two different ways. Both positively and negatively. While free negative reviews hurt it's placement, but then IAPs get
    growth which also drives paid category. Then actual Search for the app drives relevancy as well. The picture is today's rankings in the US for all iPad app categories and music categories. Their experiment worked. That's all I'm saying. Because it was 30 points less than this before NAMM.