Help Needed - Rozeta LFO in BM3

I've been using the Rozeta suite as plugins in BM3. The note-based midi Rozeta stuff (Collider, Rhythm, Bassline, etc.) I've been getting to work just fine. However, I'm having trouble with the Rozeta LFO and "pointing" it to change the correct cc parameters on other AU synths in BM3. It is unlike when using the Rozeta LFO in AUM where it's dead easy to assign (for example) LFO midi CC 15 to any parameter of an AU synth. Long story short, I am trying to use Rozeta LFO to modulate some parameters in Zeeon - both running in BM3.

Comments

• edited February 2018

I have the exact same issue, only I would like to modulate poison-202 parameters. In general the problem is that I can't find a way to assign midi CC to a knob in BM3. In many other audio apps, you can manually assign midi controller parameters, I am afraid that in BM3 there is currently only midi learn...

• Just got a response on the AB forum that shows that the macros can be controlled through the focus actions >LFO>macro. Haven’t tried it yet.

• If the synth has built in MIDI CC support use that, if not assign the parameter to a macro and then send the LFO to the macro to modulate it using focus actions.

AU MIDI support is very poor right now in Beatmaker 3, and MIDI CC support is just as bad if not worse ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    If the synth has built in MIDI CC support use that, if not assign the parameter to a macro and then send the LFO to the macro to modulate it using focus actions.

AU MIDI support is very poor right now in Beatmaker 3, and MIDI CC support is just as bad if not worse ;)

The question is, how to exactly use focus actions for that? It has only midi learn function, but you can't manually set the number of CC (afaik)...

• @skrat that is somewhat of the tricky part and why I am chiming in to agree with you that we would need manual assignment in focus actions . Currently the reassignment feature does it for all controls so this won't work. We would need independent reassignment.

To do what I think you are describing is this:
    You need to automate/autoplay the midi being received from a plugin. Then go to focus actions and midi learn that automation.

• ALBALB
    edited February 2018

This worked for me and may be just restating the above suggestions in a different way:
    Enable a macro to whatever parameter on the synth you want effected by the Rozeta lfo, then go to focus actions, choose the macro and then Rozeta lfo as source.

• I also did this, courtesy of @mschenkel.it on AB forum:
    "Load zeeon, load Rozeta, set midi in for zeeon’s Bank, leave just one of the lfos active, go to zeeon>tools>midilearn>select the control you want to learn, done."

The above is very useful and a bit more direct/easier than setting up a macro and going to Focus Actions. @skrat - This of course works for Poison as well (three taps on any knob to get midilearn - though you probably know that!).

There are probably many ways of doing this, I guess.

• @ALB great tips. We need to get some vid tuts in tips and tricks to really show how this works for all sorts of different plugins. Then people can grasp it more easily. I’m horrible at explaining things through text. Lol.

• @ALB said:
    I also did this, courtesy of @mschenkel.it on AB forum:
    "Load zeeon, load Rozeta, set midi in for zeeon’s Bank, leave just one of the lfos active, go to zeeon>tools>midilearn>select the control you want to learn, done."

The above is very useful and a bit more direct/easier than setting up a macro and going to Focus Actions. @skrat - This of course works for Poison as well (three taps on any knob to get midilearn - though you probably know that!).

Thank you, man! Honestly I didn't know about the triple tap on the knob for midi learn and that did the job.
    I really love this forum because of the people here - the answers are to the point, quick and helpful. Respect for everyone helping to build this awesome community.

• @skrat said:

@ALB said:
    I also did this, courtesy of @mschenkel.it on AB forum:

Thank you, man! Honestly I didn't know about the triple tap on the knob for midi learn and that did the job.
    I really love this forum because of the people here - the answers are to the point, quick and helpful. Respect for everyone helping to build this awesome community.

You’re most welcome - we’re all learning!