3 - @denx

4 - @Optimus

5 - @DeanDaughters

6 - @neocyttus

7 - @starpause

https://skfb.ly/6wBxV

8 - @El_Sed

9 - @GusGranite

Please listen to all of them, and then cast your vote in this poll.

Feel free to discuss and comment on the tracks below

Comments

• Damnit - every time I edit this post the poll gets lost!

Adding again...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ronji gets my vote this time - your entry is so phat!

Keep it up, man!! :D :D

Everybody else: Great showing this round guys! B) Nine entries!! Whoop Whoop!! :D Let's keep this momentum going for the next battle?! Awwwww yeah! <3

• Stop asking me to sticky posts, yes i am braindead, but i can scramble enough grey matter to remember to sticky and unsticky your battle threads people lol

• @5pinlink said:
    Stop asking me to sticky posts, yes i am braindead, but i can scramble enough grey matter to remember to sticky and unsticky your battle threads people lol

• Im just trying to save you doing extra posts, you KNOW im gonna sticky it lol

• Point taken. Thanks for being awesome.

• Thanks for putting up with my crap ;)

• Thanks, @DeanDaughters! Your submission was fantastic, as always =) It was a tough round to vote, again, but I voted for @denx. Such a catchy kraftwerk-esque tune! Great work everyone!

• was a treat listening through these, everyone did awesome work... should be a compilation release!

@dafingaz banger, would take a 320cbr mp3 of this ;)

@Optimus love the vocal bit towards the end and the video to go along with it!

@DeanDaughters super driving and most kraftwerk vibe of the bunch

@neocyttus holy SHT this kicks in at :40, i would have trimmed the intro, really nice synth work and sfx

@El_Sed nailed those goth/industrial vibes

• really humbled by the quality of material here, makes me want to keep experimenting with electro influence as there's a bunch i didn't get to try out this week. would love to trade beatmaker3 exports with ya'll!

• @ronji skills, skills, skills. old school vibe with the new digi tricks. love it.

@dafingaz raised it up. festival style.

@denx acid throb reminded me of an old Underground Resistance cut. That's a huge compliment.

@Optimus so much going in this track. stands tall on its own without the video. The vid is something else though. Top effort.

@DeanDaughters i'm calling you Mr Producer! The track reminds me of the slow acid stuff Hardfloor did as Dadamnphreaknoizphunk. Learning a lot from how you space and build.

@neocyttus deep groove. Could happily get lost in the dark to this. Not your first DAW I reckon.

@starpause you get my vote! I think you nailed this one. Clean production but a deep dirty vibe. Just love the off kilter up/down riff. Nice work!

@El_Sed class track. Ominous and deep. Would happily hear it stretched out for a real locked groove.

@tk32 such a nice idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

• very nice tracks you all made here. glad to see people who are still having fun producing music without taking any trend with it.

it also seems to be a nice community, with a respectful approach.

i also enjoyed playing around on the couch with beatmaker on the ipad during a movie night.

it is very relaxing if you do not have to work professionally all the time.

@starpause i actually produce for clubs and not for home listeners, because the djs are happy if they have a longer intro to mix in. but thanks for your personal opinion and nice words.

@GusGranite yes, the first DAW is it certainly not for me ;) thanks for your nice words and listening.

the first one was CUBASE on the ATARI ST.

oh, i mixed it with the Apple EarPods and not in the studio.
    here is an EQ-Preset that comes pretty close to the sound characteristic of the Alesis Monitor One Mk2 (not my main-monitors). you can start something with it, when you're not sitting in the studio. just open it in the masterchannel at the very end with the 6-band EQ, only works with the EarPods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/387f9ahna6mbalt/Alesis Monitor One.bm3fx?dl=0

have fun everybody
    neocyttus

• @neocyttus said:
    @starpause i actually produce for clubs and not for home listeners, because the djs are happy if they have a longer intro to mix in. but thanks for your personal opinion and nice words.

That makes total sense! I do play out but since it's my own material I can loop whatever bits I need for mixing and transitions. But will have to do some 12" re-mixes if any of my tracks blow up B)

The amount of material you busted out in a movie night evening is incredible :o

• @GusGranite said:
    @starpause you get my vote! I think you nailed this one. Clean production but a deep dirty vibe. Just love the off kilter up/down riff. Nice work!

HAHA holy crap, thanks! I was definitely reaching for the DJ ASSULT influence, glad it worked for you >:) o:)

• @starpause said:

@El_Sed nailed those goth/industrial vibes

Thank you! Yours was nice too! Also the scanned objects on your Sketchfab Channel.

• @GusGranite said:

@El_Sed class track. Ominous and deep. Would happily hear it stretched out for a real locked groove.

Thank you, mate! Loved the motto of this beat battle. Maybe i touch the entry when i‘m not that busy in my 9 to 5 ;-) Easter holidays are coming soon...haha.

Your groove was very nice, too. Liked it.

• Wow, i listened again multiple times on the entries. Very tough one. I give my vote to @denx (i think the snare sound caught me the most...the sounds u used in general!)

@everybody else: Very good stuff. Was very cool to join this beat battle and had fun producing this! I think this will not be my last entry and i‘m very excited what the next motto will be ;-)

It‘s mindblowing for me hearing all this entries which were made on iPad! Awesome work @mathieugarcia and @intua with your software. Keep up the great work!

• edited February 2018

About 8 hours to go on voting.

Thanks to everyone who has taken time to listen, vote and post positive feedback here. It's great to see these battles gain a dedicated following.

Can I suggest the two leading entries (Ronji and denx) start thinking about how they would like to set the rules for Battle #6 - many of us would love to get started on our new entries ASAP tomorrow ;)

• And the winner of this battle is..

@Ronji

Congratulations Ronji, but the quality of all entries really impressed me, and i'm sure with a different set of 12 votes this could have easily gone a different way.

I hope you all stick around for battle #6 (which Ronji will hopefully post here on the forums in the next 24 hours).. and please spread the word, the more entries and votes we get, the better!

• @ronji congrats buddy!

• Wow! Thanks everyone for entering and voting! Someone should still make a mix of these tunes =) I’ll have my post for the next battle up soon today!

• @ronji congratulations! I‘m excited what will be up next ;-)

• Congratulations, @ronji ! :D

• Congrats @ronji - quality track.

• @ronji Congratulations and thanks for your vote and comments!
    @El_Sed thank you, too! The snare is mainly the work of phasemaker :smile:
    @GusGranite thank you for the compliment!
    @DeanDaughters thanks!

I’ve been in a very data-low environment recently, so it’s a good thing I came in second :# difficult to even see the forum, let alone stream media. Apologies for my absense... you all were and are fantastic <3

• I'm late, but congrats @ronji!!! LOL....

• @starpause LOL. Thanks for the comment!