External midi + tuner bank

edited February 2018 in Resources

I made this bank as an accessory for myself and thought id share it with you guys in case someone finds this useful.

Bank has 16 pads with empty wavs and midi in/out routed to corresponsing channels. Plus a 17th pad that has single cycle sine wave loaded that can be used as a tuner;
Put it on the same link group as the sample/sound you want to tune, change the default note that the pad plays to what ever note you want to tune your sound to, then just play your sound while changing its tune and you can hear when it matches with the sine wave.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18HkEHyI9Yw9dKXPBNQLVtLzXXIuwE_En

Single cycle sine is from adventurekids free library: https://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/ . I highly recommend checking it out.

Comments

• Dude yes. Awesome. Will download shortly.

• @Tomes very handy thank you. Question...do you have these midi channels set up independently on each pad for a specific reason?

• edited February 2018

@mefisme said:
    @Tomes very handy thank you. Question...do you have these midi channels set up independently on each pad for a specific reason?

I use it with virus c mostly and it has 16 patches playing at the same time in multi mode that respond to different channels. One pad per patch bank kind of thing

• @Tomes said:

@mefisme said:
    @Tomes very handy thank you. Question...do you have these midi channels set up independently on each pad for a specific reason?

I use it with virus c mostly and it has 16 patches playing at the same time in multi mode that respond to different channels. One pad per patch bank kind of thing

I do the same thing with pads often. Running them as patches for certain controller setups, but hadn’t built a tuner yet. So thank you much for this. Question for you @Tomes, requesting your permission to make this available in my unannounced community project with you as creditor and any licensing required to do so AND/OR modify?

• @mefisme said:

@Tomes said:

@mefisme said:

I do the same thing with pads often. Running them as patches for certain controller setups, but hadn’t built a tuner yet. So thank you much for this. Question for you @Tomes, requesting your permission to make this available in my unannounced community project with you as creditor and any licensing required to do so AND/OR modify?

Yes you can modify it(take tuner separately if you want to) and share, just remember that credits for tuner is for adventurekid mostly, as its his sine wave :)

• Where is adventure kid?

• If you want a perfect sine at C or whatever, just let me know, no need for worrying about licences

• @5pinlink said:
    If you want a perfect sine at C or whatever, just let me know, no need for worrying about licences

Sure if you want. I could make one myself but I have other stuff to do. Would love a pure sine from you!

• edited February 2018

There ya go.
    Dropbox

• edited February 2018

@Tomes can i rebuild this with my waveform and put it on dropbox, so it can be downloaded direct inside BM3 ?

• @5pinlink said:
    @Tomes can i rebuild this with my waveform and put it on dropbox, so it can be downloaded direct inside BM3 ?

Sure. I dont mind people using, modifying, sharing or what ever with the bank. Not after money or fame with this xD

• @mefisme said:
    Where is adventure kid?

He is in Sweden, but you can take a shortcut from this link https://www.adventurekid.se ;)

• Just gotta say, how the xxxx can somebody expect to copyright single cycles lol
    Funniest thing i have ever seen, whats next, copyrighting vowels hahahaha

• edited February 2018

@5pinlink said:
    Just gotta say, how the xxxx can somebody expect to copyright single cycles lol
    Funniest thing i have ever seen, whats next, copyrighting vowels hahahaha

It's the stupidest thing ever. This is how copyright works by default. Essentially anything someone makes is essentially copyrighted but not copyright protected unless stated. if the sounds used are not bound by a licensed copyright themselves, they are essentially free reign. But is the proper thing to do to ask the creator out of respect. Weird stuff.

I don't know why in the world someone would copyright pure wave frequencies. Actual voice vowels I could understand. Voice has unique properties. But not vowel sounds from a machine. It's just dumb.

On the other hand the reason products and companies or users might copyright single cycles because they built the machines themselves that actually produce the sounds.

• Yeah but no, a sinewave is a sinewave, its math.

• @5pinlink said:
    Yeah but no, a sinewave is a sinewave, its math.

True. There is math involved to produce what is considered a pure sine wave. A pure sine wave in this context isn't truly pure though. It is a theoretical construct of what a pure sine frequency might be based on a sound barrier. What happens to a frequency wave when no sound is produced? It goes on forever.
    This is the silly part humans make value of like they own it. We've been able to make pretty accurate sines in the frequency spectrum that we can hear. Maybe that's why some may consider a sound such as this a 'creation'. Because it was meant to go on forever. An heirloom. We don't know if it is entirely pure but closer and closer as technology gets more powerful. Even at single cycle, the frequency produced is unnatural the higher or lower it's tuned. It's produced by man-made electronics. It's the range of said frequency we don't actually know. We have walls (limits to frequency range) of these single cycles. And we may never know.

• @5pinlink are you experiencing noise in your Sine wave you sent me? I am.

• edited February 2018

No, sounds and looks like a pure sine here.

As for your other post, im in the uk, single cycles cant be copyrighted, which i agree with entirely and disagree with any other standpoint, just my opinion though.

• @5pinlink said:
    No, sounds and looks like a pure sine here.

As for your other post, im in the uk, single cycles cant be copyrighted, which i agree with entirely and disagree with any other standpoint, just my opinion though.

Derp it was iPad speakers. Much cleaner with headphones. Agree with you btw on single cycle waves. It’s silly. I need to go post a bug now. :)

• Just thought I’d point out that adventurekid did not copyright the waveforms he has created and made available. They are public domain. https://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/adventure-kid-waveforms/

• Aaah that makes much more sense :)

• @ronji said:
    Just thought I’d point out that adventurekid did not copyright the waveforms he has created and made available. They are public domain. https://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/adventure-kid-waveforms/

Thank you.