Launching a scenes in BM3

edited October 2017 in General

Hi, Is there a manual or video, or description how to map midi device with BM3 but not for trigger pads, but launching scene, looping it, and launching another.... etc?. . Thanks

Comments

• I could be wrong, but I thought that you just set up the pads to trigger via MIDI, then use scene mode in pad view.

• @5pinlink said: you just set up the pads to trigger via MIDI, then use scene mode in pad view.

He is not wrong ;)

It took me longer than the average bloke to get my head around this... lol

Then when I did "get it" - it is really easy, simple and awesome.

1. set up some scenes in scene mode
    2. now go back to where you can see the pads on the screen and press the "scene" button on the right hand side
    3. now the scenes you set up can be triggered with a pad
    4. press the "scene" button again to go back to playing the pads normally
    5. (it helps me to label/name my scenes so I can easily see what I'm triggering)

Hope this helps.
    :)

• I'll sound like a broken record, but we need a focus action for play next scene and play previous scene. So beloved in Ableton Live!
  • @lukesleepwalker said: we need a focus action for play next scene and play previous scene.

+1

• @DeanDaughters said:

@lukesleepwalker said: we need a focus action for play next scene and play previous scene.

+1

And a video about all of this ;)

• It's on the list ;)

• Some fuel for your BM3 journeys!

I share a lot of information about how i'm building my live jams and using scene mode with BM3 in this new video:

• edited October 2017

Thanks Dean. I love Your videos ;)
    When it's about main topic of this thread, Intua answered that:
    launching scenes is not yet midi mappable in bm3. It is on the feature request list
    but I can't say if / when it will be implemented.

• @d4d0ug it's a thread about a tutorial by ElectronicSoubds for scene/song arrangement and not an Au bug reporting thread.
  • Its a thread about triggering scenes, which i answered, then it went off topic.
  • Although yes, bugs should ideally go in a separate thread, I can completely understand why it might be wise for someone experiencing issues with scene triggering to mention it in a thread with other 'scene triggerers'.

There's no need for anyone to get uptight, just advise that if it does turn out to be a real bug, we would be grateful if it was submitted as a bug.
  • edited October 2017
    No need to apologise @d4d0ug you're cool

"Only he who has never mis-posted on these forums can cast the first stone."

I know I've often mixed discussion, tips and bugs in the same threads/postings.

Peace.
  • No need to applogise, there is no "must be here, Must be there" posting, and your post was relevant to the thread as Tk said, like i say, OP was answered, it went off topic but still relevant, that is generally how most forums work ;)
  • is this implemented already? Any dates?

• Launching scenes is implemented yes

• edited February 2018

With external/virtual midi controllers this is only for focus actions or Omni. Does not currently work otherwise (no single channel, multichannel)

• Launching of scenes works fine, by their nature you cant have multi channel scenes, only one scene can ever play at a time, multiple patterns can be triggered, but only by touch screen.

So what the OP asked for could be done since the first release ;)
    Which funnily enough was the original reply they got lol
    Unfortunately they spoke to somebody at Intua that has no clue at all what they are talking about by the sounds of it :(

• edited February 2018

I was just saying scene triggering works on Performance view with midi controllers. And it's awesome. The only thing it doesn't seem to do is stop the scenes I think and does not work with any modes not bound by select boxes.

• edited February 2018

I dont know what modes bound by select boxes mean, and the way scenes are designed you dont actually need stop, trsnsport stop is stop, its just the way they are are.

• @5pinlink said:
    I dont know what modes bound by select boxes mean, and the way scenes are designed you dont actually need stop, trsnsport stop is stop, its just the way they are are.

I don't know what else to call them (focus action/Omni controlled pads better?) versus pads triggered by single channel/multichannel and not bound by (focus action/Omni controlled pads). What do you want me to call these pads? There's no specific name for them. So I call them hybrids usually. The Transport STOP stops everything. I'm talking about stopping scenes. There's no midi solution yet and the OP wanted to do this I think.

• Is there a way to delete a single scene with deleting the whole line of scenes? Pretty irritating when let go early on the wrong scene and have to start all over to fix that mistake. Besides the undo button to remove that mistake can you edit a whole scene with out deleting it all

• @stormywaterz said:
    Is there a way to delete a single scene with deleting the whole line of scenes? Pretty irritating when let go early on the wrong scene and have to start all over to fix that mistake. Besides the undo button to remove that mistake can you edit a whole scene with out deleting it all

Scenes are global. They are just triggers across all banks. If you use scene mode in Performance view while viewing a particular Bank, it triggers the pattern you have selected. Or none if you have no patterns created. Deleting a scene deletes the entire scene.

• edited February 2018

To stop a scene just trigger an empty scene, pad view is just pad view to me, no need to name it anything else.

Scenes by their very nature can not be multi channel, that would be triggering patterns and that can only be done with touch, again, not what the OP asked for and they are obviously getting confused by bad information from Intua and this thread going every which way.

Scenes can be triggered.
    Scenes can be triggered via MIDI.
    Scenes can be stopped by MIDI if you trigger an empty scene.
    So you just keep one pad for stopping.

• @5pinlink said:
    Scenes can be stopped by MIDI if you trigger an empty scene.

Completely forgot about an empty scene. Thanks for this. Feel like an idiot. :(