BUG: Fixed velocity triggers previously triggered pad's velocity first.

edited February 2018 in Bug reports

You do not need an external controller to test this.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1 - load a sample on a pad. Move the FIXED VEL. slider to any setting other than full velocity. A good test is low velocity on the first.

2 - Load a second sample onto another pad. Make no velocity changes or do. Your choice.

3 - Watch the TRIGGER BAR or listen closely. When you tap either of the pads, it triggers the velocity of the previous pad triggered before restoring the velocity setting it should be. Each pad inherits the previous pads velocity on first trigger. Tapping that pad a second time will play the correct velocity.

This is also probably causing audio glitches as well for users. I just tested bouncing back and forth between the pads and heard lots of audio pops and clicks.

WORKAROUND:
None. Needs fixed. Don't use FIXED VEL. slider with more than one pad if you plan on triggering them at some point together in a sequence.

ALTERNATIVE WORKAROUND:
You can tap an empty pad with no sample loaded after tapping your first trigger, and then proceed to tap the other to avoid problems. This of course is a horrible workaround. You will record empty midi data as well which you will have to delete in the pattern editor if you are recording.

@mathieugarcia

Comments

• edited February 2018

I’ve also experienced this same issue. Super annoying! Please fix it. My workaround is to use Midiflow to modify the notes to fixed velocities... also super annoying.

• @jfox815 said:
    I’ve also experienced this same issue. Super annoying! Please fix it. My workaround is to use Midiflow to modify the notes to fixed velocities... also super annoying.

Thank you for your confirmation.

• I have bought the app this evening and already found this bug. Changing the pad we play takes the velocity from the previous pad we just played. Makes the setting of fixed velocities for multi-pad performance quite useless.

• Hey there!
    Thanks for the report.
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.