coloration of pads and groups

Can you make it so that when creating a new pad group can you allow BM3 to not automatically use the same color by default. I just created 25 kits and they are all blue lol. Can you give us the option to change colors by default. Or option to use the last color of the last kit. So its easier to make larger packs with not the same color of groups. Yes I know we can change them after the fact but It would be a great addition for me. Hope it made sense lol

Comments

• Good shout.

Perhaps add a setting in preferences for Rainbow pads

you could call it Skittles© mode and get sponsorship :)

• edited February 2018

This never really works unless the coloring is based on some naming convention, examples...
    Use default color = Red, now everything is red.
    Use previous color, now everything is the same as everything else you did previously.

So the only way this really works is to have coloring based on name, be it per pad or bank, examples...
    Anything containing the word 'Kick' = Orange, Anything containing the word 'Snare' = Red, etc etc

Autocoloring is haphazzard at best, the best implementation is Reaper by a metric mile, but that is a third party add on, very few developers will waste time on something that is so haphazzard and based on naming conventions.

Truth be told though, if you have so many kits that coloring manually is an issue, you might want to rethink your collection, there is only so many hours in any given life time ;)

• edited February 2018

My only wish is an input dialog for RGB for custom colors rather than sliders. Everything else is great.

• My only wish is that colors created with the RGB could be saved to the pallete and become persistant.

• @5pinlink said:
    My only wish is that colors created with the RGB could be saved to the pallete and become persistant.

Well yeah that's even better.

• @5pinlink said:
    This never really works unless the coloring is based on some naming convention, examples...
    Use default color = Red, now everything is red.
    Use previous color, now everything is the same as everything else you did previously.

So the only way this really works is to have coloring based on name, be it per pad or bank, examples...
    Anything containing the word 'Kick' = Orange, Anything containing the word 'Snare' = Red, etc etc

Autocoloring is haphazzard at best, the best implementation is Reaper by a metric mile, but that is a third party add on, very few developers will waste time on something that is so haphazzard and based on naming conventions.

Truth be told though, if you have so many kits that coloring manually is an issue, you might want to rethink your collection, there is only so many hours in any given life time ;)

lol the problem is Im a library hore lol. I have been making music since I was 7 im 39 and there are things I must have in order for my workflow not to get in my way. Access to my library in very important to me. BM3 is my main beat making app and I have maschine studio with all the expansions komplete 10 Arturia v collection 5 Pro tools Logic Studio one but BeatMaker 3 and Auria Pro work the best for me in my way of making music, So firgive me if I ask alot from Something I make money with alot lol
    Im starting a new series on my youtube channel just to BM3 and how it compares to hardware gear

• oh and save custom colors would be dope lol