sorry if it has been talked about

Comments

• edited February 2018

Short answer: no

Too much latency (100ms+)

See here for previous discussion:
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/27334

• edited February 2018

If you have audio interface, latency drops tremendously even though you are using bluetooth. Because the audio interface is handling the conversion and is part of the signal path. I don't remember how much. I only tested in a store. Don't have. Bluetooth controller.

• edited February 2018

An audio interface has zero influence on Bluetooth latency, it is inherent in the Bluetooth audio standard.
    In fact using Bluetooth audio bypasses any audio interface you have because Bluetooth audio is an audio interface itself.

• @5pinlink said:
    An audio interface has zero influence on Bluetooth latency, it is inherent in the Bluetooth audio standard.
    In fact using Bluetooth audio bypasses any audio interface you have because Bluetooth audio is an audio interface itself.

I actually didn't know this. I suppose I was only experience lower latency because I added one in the store as part of the signal path. I guess causing me to think there was less. My bad.

• Unless something has changed since i used one, it just works as any audio interface, so if it was a Bluetooth mic that didn't actually output audio, it would have no influence at all on output latency because it is not an output.

• @5pinlink said:
    Unless something has changed since i used one, it just works as any audio interface, so if it was a Bluetooth mic that didn't actually output audio, it would have no influence at all on output latency because it is not an output.

So yeah this is me again failing to catch what the original OP was asking. He meant Bluetooth audio output. I was implying input device only. My mistake. Thanks for the correction.