scaling samples

edited February 2009 in General
scaling samples,

hi,

there is one thing that i cannot do on beatMaker and try to understand how. I did make some samples with waveform, using different sources, and i also made a kit on beatpack. This kit is working well, except the size of my samples that does not fit well with the timeline. For examples, i sample a beat from cashmere and made a pattern with 2bars. I would like my beat to fit from 1.1 to 2.1 to make a repetition, but my samples goes from 1.1 to between 1.3 and 1.4.Another sample that i made goes from 1.1 to between 2.1 and 2.2.

so,

i would like to know how to scale my samples (even if it's not in beatmaker, i used waveform on pc to sample) to make them fit to the beatmaker timeline. can someone helps me ? Or helps me to understand if my question is stupid or what ?
thanx.

Comments

• edited 5:00PM
    You need to match the BPM (beats per minute) of your beatmaker track to the same tempo of the sample. You can find web based BPM counters on google, they will work in a browser and you won't have to download anything. You can also work conversely. Change the tempo (by pitching the sample) to match the beatmaker track tempo.
  • edited 5:00PM
    - go to pads view
    - select the pad you want to scale
    - hit the 'tune' button
    - use the +/- buttons to select the length (1 bar, 1/8th bar etc)
    - press 'set scale'

as long as the sample is chopped correctly, the sample will now fit in time with the master tempo